Got the plans for Joseph Hanson's Tiny Trailer

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Got the plans for Joseph Hanson's Tiny Trailer

Postby mikeschn » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:18 pm

Hey folks,

Joseph Hanson was nice enough to mail me his CAD drawings for his tiny trailer, and said I could share them with you.

So here's what this looks like on the inside... :)

BTW, Joseph also said there is a digital camera under the tree and photos will be forthcoming after Christmas! 8)

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:36 pm

I went to a Santa Lucia festival at a neaby church. They have a summer house in the back. On the porch was a really neat sink/stove top combination... It was one piece stainless, about 30" wide. What was neat was it was one piece with sink, small counter area, and 2 burner stove... Build a cabinet and plunk this baby in and done... but the stove was electric... just thought about that part. Back to the drawing board.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Re: Got the plans for Joseph Hanson's Tiny Trailer

Postby BobR » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:21 pm

mikeschn wrote:Hey folks,

Joseph Hanson was nice enough to mail me his CAD drawings for his tiny trailer, and said I could share them with you.

Mike,

Did he tell you what kind of chassis he used?
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby josephhanson » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:00 pm

The main chassis was made from 2 X 2 X 1/8 tube. Cross members were 2 X 2 X 1/16 tube. When 3/4" plywood is used for flooring a heaver chassis didn't seem necessary. The trailer can be lifted by one corner, and there is no torque of the trailer at all. With the shell glued and screwed, the whole unit is solid as a rock.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby BobR » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:43 am

Thanks for the info Joe. Do you have a drawing with dimenisions by any chance?
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby josephhanson » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:44 am

The grid is made up of 6" squares. The height as shown is 6'2". The opening in the workshop is 6'6". Tight fit!
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby josephhanson » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:49 am

I guess I should add, the height as shown WITHOUT wheels is 6'2". Thats without wheels,springs,shackles or the top vent.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Tiny Trailer

Postby scootman » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:09 am

Hi , This is one Fabulous little van. I love it. Tell me. How wide is it? and did you build a frame for the side walls or did you just cut it straight from the ply and use crossbearers? Also how much does it weigh?

Thanks heaps
Le Scoot
scootman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby josephhanson » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:55 pm

The walls were cut out first. Then i cut 2 X 4's down to 1" thickness for the wall studs. The inner wall was attached to the floor sill , then the wall studs were glued to the wall. Next the roof spars were installed, followed by the inner ceiling. The whole inner skin was insulated and then the outer plywood skin was glued/screwed in place. Last was the filon. The trailer weighs around 1400 Lbs. without any supplies loaded. It was completed last fall, once I get a tow vehicle I'll find out how well it tows.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:01 pm

Hey Joseph,

Are you an expert with your digital camera by now? How about sharing some photos of that nice looking trailer with us? ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby josephhanson » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:12 am

That will be my next project. I'll put it on the list for this weekend.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Return to Member Designs