Access through the rear galley?

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Access through the rear galley?

Postby fornesto » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:19 am

I'm considering providing a way through the galley. I bought an SUV tent that snaps on the rear and would like to allow a connection between the two. Since my TD is 4'6" wide, I am considering making 24" of the counter a flip-up, like at the pub. The cooler could go underneath (removable) and there could be a fold up shelf (with a Rubbermaid box) above.
I would put a small door in the bulkhead. We don't need the extra space now, but with a growing family, it could be nice.

Any thoughts?
fornesto
Donating Member

Postby BrianB » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:26 pm

Why not just park the teardrop sideways against the tent?

The reason I say that is because, while it would be a cool design, you'd either lose a lot of galley space or have to figure out a way to make it safely swing out.
BrianB
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:34 pm

I'm thinking about one of those tents... it would go against one of my side doors... another reason to have 2 doors.....

I don't have a galley, btw. If it rained, I could set up my 2 chairs and sam's 2x4 table inside to cook on...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to Member Designs