Box Kite New ideas for my sleepable trailer

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Box Kite New ideas for my sleepable trailer

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:56 pm

I am Stating a new section for the decoration and utilitary needs to enjoy this trailer.

Rotating kitchen is on the books now. the slide out swing around idea I had at first has chances of Kinking the drawer pull but it was worked out.

Round of half round so it would be flat when closed is possible also
the above example would turn all at one time and no cupboard. So it would be flat on back side when traveling.

http://www.sivacracy.net/2006/05/a_kitc ... wkahs.html
except the dishwasher and other appliances
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:18 pm

I am also thinking of painting the sides with Marine Paint and covering the top with Marine Viny

I am still working on best design for my doors. I want dutch doors.

We have one shelf figured inside.
I have trailer wired for DC on oneside and audio on the other side. plus wires for clearence/night lights.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:50 pm

I am not sure if I have the skills for a round kitchen. We talked about a 1/2 round kitchen that would be flat in the back so it would stick in when turned in and stick out when turned out. The back of my trailer is strong enough for a central callum.

I have been working at painting the beast. Wiring got goofed up and I am still working on that but when I get frustrated I just paint.

outside royal light blue in side royal strawberry? :? what am I thinking, you say ... I have a plan..... glossy white top.

Side Doors are still being redsigned.
Rear door are figured but not assembled. I want to do them like this, but no windows.

Windows will be on side doors. Over head vent may still happen.
I am taking pixs as I go but it still takes time to get them down to size.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby angib » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:25 pm

By the way, the fenders for that Morris Minor Traveller are available here as fiberglass replicas and they would make excellent fenders for a Grumman or any other trailer with half-in/half-out wheels.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:31 am

As you can see to the right the blue works but the Stawberry was more then I thought and would be a hard color to sleep with. I am now thinking of light blue and painting some kits on the walls.

maybe a quilt or just line drawings I am getting creative here and have to think about this one for a while.

Andrew I am beginning to look more at jeep fenders they are more utilitarian. /"""\

Ron D.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:49 am

angib wrote:By the way, the fenders for that Morris Minor Traveller are available here as fiberglass replicas and they would make excellent fenders for a Grumman or any other trailer with half-in/half-out wheels.

Andrew

Ohhhhhhhhh :o :shock: How much do them thar fenders cost in the land of the Queen? :lol:

What else is there available Andrew? Any ones that are installed on the outside totally that would work nicely?

Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Return to Member Designs