Skeet'r II

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Nice Design

Postby Chuckles2153 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm

I like that design allot. Compact but still looks to have plenty of room also.
So now that you have alllllll these nice comments get back to work and show us some more sawdust and pics. :D
Chuckles2153
Teardrop Master

Postby YuGun » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 am

Very nice design. I like it. :applause:
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby LDK » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:41 pm

I really like this design. I just wonder if it ever got finished.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby TheDuke » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 pm

This tiny trailer (can't really call it a teardrop) had to wait for quite a while as I was building the garage/workshop where it will live. That is now complete, and I'll be starting the project you know as Skeetr in about a week. But, I'm a retired engineer, and as they used to say in industry, there comes a time in every project where you have to shoot the engineer and actually BUILD something. Reason for that is engineers love to design so much, they won't stop. Same here. Since my last post, I've used the extra time to put Skeetr through several iterations, mostly to grow the proportions slightly so the trolley top wouldn't be necessary, and also to change the name. But the basic shape and concept are still the same. I'll be starting a build thread shortly, so watch this thread for a link.

I'm really pleased you like it.

TheDuke
TheDuke
Teardrop Master

Postby LDK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:20 pm

If I ever build another one it'll be similar to this design. I really like the rear entry door and that it's probably garage-able. When you start your build thread, I will follow it eagerly. :thumbsup:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby TheDuke » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:59 pm

With the dropped floor in the kitchen, and the slight increase in height, it will take someone 6' 1" and clear my garage door by 3/4". At least, that's what the CAD says. We'll see.

TheDuke
TheDuke
Teardrop Master

Postby LDK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 am

TheDuke wrote:With the dropped floor in the kitchen, and the slight increase in height, it will take someone 6' 1" and clear my garage door by 3/4". At least, that's what the CAD says. We'll see.

TheDuke

If it is alittle taller than expected, letting alittle air out of the tires might lower it enough to clear the garage opening. :thumbsup:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:50 am

I've been waiting to see this build for quite some time. I'm glad that you have your garage/shop arrangements complete. Hope to see some sawdust soon!

If possible, sometime in your build, could post some basic dimensions for your TTT?

Thank you,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby LDK » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Hey Mr Duke

Have you started yet? I've been waiting for this one.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby TheDuke » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 pm

The build has started. It's on a HF 4x8, which I decided to weld instead of bolt. I had unexpected problems with that approach, but my grandson and I have pretty much worked through it, and the frame should be done in a week or so. I have some pics, mostly of problem welds, which I will put up as soon as I figure out how to start a build thread. Next trailer will be my frame design out of square tubing.

TheDuke
TheDuke
Teardrop Master

Re: Skeet'r II

Postby myoung » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm a bit late to this party, so my questions might have already been considered. In particular, I wonder if you intend to have some seating area that will transform into the bedding when night falls. I just see about 2/3 of the floor area devoted to a bed, which is fine for sleeping, but that only covers 1/3 of the day. Having a nice place to sit and relax out of the weather is desirable and could be worked in without too much effort, I should think.

Hope to see some construction pics soon.
Mike Young
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=40459
myoung
500 Club

Postby TheDuke » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

I had some CAD line drawings earlier in the thread, showing the four-person dinette that occupies roughly the middle of the bed space. It's a little tight for four, but I only plan to use the trailer for my wife and myself. The forward part of the space under both seats is occupied by gel-cell batteries and potable water, all of which rides over the axle. The rest of the under-seat volume is inside accessible storage. I'm in the process of framing the floor, and I have pics of the frame welding, painting and ply cutting. As soon as I get around to it I will start a build thread, but it won't be under the name "Skeetr". I've renamed it BumbleB, so look for that.
TheDuke
Teardrop Master

Postby TheDuke » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Sorry, but I described the location of the gel-cells and water incorrectly. I'm used to viewing it from the rear, and I sometimes think of that as "forward". They are over the axle, but beneath the rear half of the dinette seats.
TheDuke
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Member Designs