Comments ... rimple design.

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby Frog » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:16 am

Maybe you'd be better off in a popup tent trailer. Certainly more room for 4 and they can be pretty light.
Frog
Teardrop Master

Postby EffieRover » Sun May 31, 2009 12:57 pm

I picked up an old popup camper just for the frame, but in the meantime I've seen a 1965 Shasta Compact in person and I've fallen in love with the design ... plus now that the project is 'real', hubby has informed me he will not camp in it longer than a couple of days unless he can stand up inside. So now I'm looking for actual dimensions on the old Shasta .... amazing how plans change.
Loy, happy wife to Dan, proud momma to Kiera & Alannah.
http://66shasta.blogspot.com/
EffieRover
Teardrop Master

Postby Prem » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:31 am

Effie,

My current build (ROUND TAIL) is on a 1965 Shasta chassis. If you're thinking of remodeling one, beware, that the factory chassis is way under-built and very short relative to the box on it. :thumbdown: The main support for the plywood structure is a hokey set of steel uprights in the front with an angled, 6-inch wide sandwich of steel strap that stands about 3 feet high. I torched it off and welded in a lot more steel floor support, plus I extended the chassis. (See photos on link below.)

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Member Designs