3 people in the tear

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

3 people in the tear

Postby here n there » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:58 pm

Just like to say hi to everyone been lurking here for a while , would like to know if these tears are primarily for 2 people kind a thing or can they be stretched some way to fit my daughter she is small but growing as fast as the grass outside . 4 feet wide seems to be on the small side for us maybe someone has tackled this before .
here n there
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:27 pm

Hi here and there...

Welcome to the forum...

Yes others have already tackled the problem of getting more than 2 into a teardrop. In the hall of fame check out Rik's Road toad. The rearshelf is a bed for his kid. Also check out Angib's page. He has a 2+2 design that will sleep 2 adults and 2 kids.

There's probably more, but those are the first two that come to mind!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:39 pm

Here N There--
My wife & I used to have a two-person tent. Then we got a golden retriever and had to get a three-person tent. Now that we are getting a teardrop we know we'll need a 5-foot wide one. The 4-footers are like a full-size bed. The 5-footers are like a queen size bed. Try sleeping all three on your bed at home. How does that feel? Can you sleep without pushing each other off? :lol:
Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby TomS » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:52 pm

Rob wrote:Here N There--
My wife & I used to have a two-person tent. Then we got a golden retriever and had to get a three-person tent. Now that we are getting a teardrop we know we'll need a 5-foot wide one. The 4-footers are like a full-size bed. The 5-footers are like a queen size bed. Try sleeping all three on your bed at home. How does that feel? Can you sleep without pushing each other off? :lol:
Rob

Actually, a four-footer's sleeping area is nine or ten inches narrower than a full sized bed.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Member Designs