A design question about Angib/Andrew's cub

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

A design question about Angib/Andrew's cub

Postby Beowulf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:29 pm

I am interested in "Super sizing" your plans for the cub. I already know that I am going to go 5' wide. My interest is in raising the roof to 5 feet also. So to make the style of the design work I neen to lengthen the body to 12' 6"? :? The 12' 6" would be to long for the materials I have available. So If I went with a even 12' then would that make the hight 57.6 inches? Then is it just a matter of changing the other measurements of the ellipse's and locuses(loci) by the same percentages?

Any help you could give this design challanged person would be greatly appreciated. :worship: As I am very partial to this design.

The other Idea I have is to simply project the image on the materials to be cut and copy it from there. This should enlarge everything proportionally and stop the head ache's. :roll:
Beowulf
Teardrop Inspector

Postby angib » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:51 am

Beowulf,

I don't think you have to treat the measurements I have given as the only proportions you can use - after all, my measurements were only taken from photographs, not a real Cub, so they must be out by several percent at least.

I don't think 12ft x 5ft would be a problem - just ratio up all the horizontal measurements by 1.2 (12/10) and the verticals by 1.25 (5/4).

However this means you cannot use the measurements for the locuses that I have given. The simplest way around this is to find the locuses by drawing at full size - if you go halfway down my drawing ellipses page (look for number 4.), you will see how easy it is.

I have recently put new diagrams in this page, so if you have previoously looked at it and thought it was impossible to understand, give it another try!

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Return to Member Designs