The Nomad....w/ some color samples

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby doug hodder » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Rick....neat idea, but that wouldn't be in keeping with the era I want on the trailer...besides...I ordered 2 wide white walls today....and they just gotta be seen! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby John T. Hodgen » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:55 am

Hey Doug,
I agree with the thought of....WEB CAM>>WEB CAM>>WEB CAM!!!!! :thumbsup: Can't wait for the start date????????? :)
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:27 pm

The frame is designed and Andrew has given it his comments/ blessings. I really appreciate his "educated" eye looking over what I've cooked up. Gives me some sense of security that I haven't overlooked something important. He's a great asset to the forum and we're lucky to have him around!

Should have some of the items starting to arrive tomorrow, 8/10/09. Wheels, tires (wide whites), and the marmoleum (flooring) for starters. Axle, windows are in the works, ala Grant, also and most importantly...the garage is cleaned!!! I tend to gather up a lot of the items prior to the build so if I need to change due to availability, I can do it early on. When the bulk of it is here....then I just go through the motions and put it all together. The color board is all put together and it's all thunk out in my head right now. I know it's time to build as I wake up in the middle of the night and think it all through. It's not changing in my mind, so it's time to start....I'm a sick cookie! :? Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby prohandyman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Doug
I have alot of the Aqua Boomerang left over from the 47 countertop. Want a large sample? Also, how are you going to "crease" the aluminum skin for the vintage look? Didn't Len do that?
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby doug hodder » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm going to Alright in Hollister Ca. and pick it up. On the Boomerang, thanks, but I'm buying a full sheet. I'll probably do up the counter top, table and I"m working on a plan on the drawer fronts. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Previous

Return to Member Designs