My Design the "Fastback Cub"

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

My Design the "Fastback Cub"

Postby Beowulf » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:43 pm

Well this is what I have come up with so far. Each square is 4 inches
Interior

Total length of the body is 12 feet and is 5 feet tall by 5 feet wide

The only concerns I have at this point are the doors and length of the bed. The doors on the profile drawing are 40" wide and 46" tall. The doors on the interior drawing are 40" wide and 42" tall. The taller one seems to fit the profile better to me. I also wonder if they are both to large??? :roll:

The bed lenght is 84 inches. I know the queen bed is 80" but I thought It would be good to put the shoe's down there. Also there will be cabinet doors at the foot of the bed for storage. The bottom of these doors will be about 8 inches off the floor so I can open them without moving the bed. I am concidering moving the wall out the four inches and just tossing the shoe's in there...

Any thoughts on this? Or anything I have missed? :thinking:
Beowulf
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Beowulf » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:00 pm

BTW my design has been inspired by another hobby of mine keeping marine aquarium's. My favorite fish is pictured in my icon the Achillies tang. The only fish I know of that has it's own teardrop. I did have to flatten out the belly and mouth other than that the profile is very similar( not counting the fins). I just used 3 ellipse's and drew the "fastback" in freehand. Also for another method for doing the ellipse I liked this one http://carverscompanion.com/Ezine/Vol2I ... ipses.html :applause:
Beowulf
Teardrop Inspector

Postby asianflava » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:36 pm

Beowulf wrote: My favorite fish is pictured in my icon the Achillies tang.

That's my favorite too. My wife calls it the Cleveland Browns Tang.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to Member Designs