A DEDICATED CHUCKWAGON TRAILER

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 am

bobhenry wrote:What do ya think ????

Yep, that looks good. :thumbsup: Its really cool to see the old ads with the bumper hitch. But the one above is more of what I was thinking of. I'm glad that you found the pic.

I'm not real sure how you were going to do the connection between the combo trailer(s). However, if you really do want to try to have the sleeper/chuckwagon combo as a single trailer, I would not do the single receiver on the back of the sleeper for the connection on the combo. I'm not familiar with pulling a tandem trailer combo, but I think the combo would be more stable if you had a two receiver setup on the sleeper and only use the bracket to convert to a single receiver, if you are pulling the chuckwagon by itself. Its a stability issue, more than anything else, particularly if you are driving down a gravel road to a campground. I won't mention the issues of having to back the combo trailer up, if the connection between the two isn't extremely stable.

Just be sure to check out the tongue weight, too. That will impact the connection between the two trailers.

AJ
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:09 am

Once again the madness begins............

The "Chuckwagon" is underway.

The final profile has been drawn.

The wood sub frame is cut and rabbetted for a torsion box style floor with storage access.

Spars are cut and rabbetted and at the ready.

Dumping all the pictures in the camera and I will be documenting this build very closely.

Saturday morning assembly starts :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TD Beej » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Wow, quick start. I wish I could manage that. - B^)
TD Beej
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Well 10 hours Sat and about 9 on Sunday. Torsion box floor is built walls are cut and stood all spars are in and the hatch even lifts as planned. Painted inside and out with a smokey green exterior paint over the fiberglass faced osb. Roof will take a 8' and a 5' sheet of plastic laminate I need to purchase tomorrow.

In my spare time :lol: I sanded "Chubby" and used the same paint on him as a temporary fix for his acne. The woodie was pretty but he sets out 24-7 so the sub stratas were lifting.

I know I know pictures , there in the camera .
Somebody tell Ol' whats her name to send my
$%$&* Download cord back from Tennessee.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm

FINALLY !

The U.S. Mail came thru with my down load cord Here is the fruit of the Sat and Sunday efforts.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Previous

Return to Member Designs