Trailer graphics and theme

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Trailer graphics and theme

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:25 pm

One of the things I noticed early on was that a large number of teardrop owners have a theme. This was kind of floating around in the back of my mind when I was looking for a quilt and found one with a traditional Compass Rose design and a theme was born.
OK so I want to put something on the outside and found a large number of compass rose designs and a friend of mine who is a commercial artist took one of the designs and worked it over to fit with the color of the graphics on Mega-Mini #1 and you see that design to the left as the avatar.
I talked with Erik at Eye4Design about having one of his sources make a couple of these in 14" size to go on MM #7 now being built. Turns out his suppliers do LOTS of them for a bunch of $$$$. Process took months to try and find a supplier in Goshen/Elkhart and finally I started looking locally in the Toledo area and found Bad Brush Design who could do exactly what I wanted and do four of them (2 for the trailer 1 for the satellite dish and a spare for screw ups) for 18$ a peace. BUT it did not look great with existing MM graphics package so Jeff at Bad Brush came up with a swoosh that fits better and color matches.

A proof with dimensions and a final placement plan that will go to Eye4Design with the graphics delivered two days after the order.

This is the placement diagram and how it looks.

www.badbrush.com
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 am

I really love the design and the TDish.... :applause:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Creamcracker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 am

I think it matches well and looks good......what do you have the G for in the middle of the compass rose? I have a lapel pin about 1" in size of the compass rose (Symbol of the Compass Rose Society)...I wear it quite often
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Our last name is Grover, I would have left it with a design but the friend who did the compass rose graphic stuck in a Times New Roman G and that seemed just a bit overly pretentious to me, Nancy liked it, (I know hard to believe any of us could be OVERLY pretentious) so I had it changed to an Old English G.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Member Designs