Nice design from Sweden

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Nice design from Sweden

Postby Shane » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:46 am

Hi all.

I just found this nice teardrop on a swedish site. Don´t know if the builder is a member here?

http://martinsigge.se/album/Husvagnsbygget/
Shane
Teardrop Builder

Postby planovet » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 pm

I like it! :thumbsup:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Nice built........ :thumbsup:
Good summery with pic's.

My wife would be pretty upset if I drilled a hole in my wood floor for an anchor point on compass.............

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Ageless » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Really nice design and build.

I sure hope the brakes work well as looking at the TV, could get scary on downhill runs

Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Thats the same fellow that I showed the photo of in one of my threads as well. Nice shape it has. ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind of a Cabin Car Version. ;)

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=34387
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Re: Nice design from Sweden

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Shane wrote:Hi all.

I just found this nice teardrop on a swedish site. Don´t know if the builder is a member here?

http://martinsigge.se/album/Husvagnsbygget/

Im sure he stopped in sometime ago when starting out with the build.

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Shane » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Is it?
This teardrop is on the frontpage of the swedish RV magazine, Husvagn och Camping , this month.

Mayby it will make more swedes built their own teardrop.

The car is a SAAB and I think they look good together. And I do think that the brakes are in good working order. We have inspections of all cars and trailers every year.
Shane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Shane wrote:Is it?
This teardrop is on the frontpage of the swedish RV magazine, Husvagn och Camping , this month.

Mayby it will more swedes built their own teardrop.

the car is a SAAB and I think they look good together. And I do think that the brakes are in good working order. We have inspections of all cars and trailers every year.

I,ll have to buy the magazine tomorrow ;) Shane maybe we should get a hold of him and we could meet in Sweden, Finland or Denmark? Im sure Martin will notice this thread sooner or later as well. Sure would be nice for Midsommer. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here you can see the magazine photo: Drömvagn - http://www.husvagnochcamping.se/ovrigt/ ... 151642.ece

In Scandinavia the cars have to pass inspections every year. And that is one of the main areas they check too so Im also quite sure that it is safe.
Im not sure of the weight on his trailer but if its under 750kg it does not have to be inspected if it is brakeless.. If its over it is required. Here in Finland anyways. Im sure its the same in Sweden and Denmark. ;) Also if you dont pay your yearly vehicle tax it wont be on the road very long.

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Shane » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Martin visited my shop this saturday and saw my built. I got one of them tools you use for bending the aluminium trim. Its like the one from HF, but I got it in Sweden at Verktygsboden in Borås.

He liked it so I let him take it home with him for awhile. I am sure that he is in his garage bending stuff tonight.

I would very much like to meet with you Heiki. I go to many of the events in Sweden each summer. Have you ever been to the Bilsports Custum Show in Jönköping? Its hold each year for 3 days at easter.
Its a show that has Hotrods, custom cars and bikes.

One question for you Heiki, have you ever seen a teardrop with the rear fenders from and old Volvo PV 444. I think that if modified they would look great.
Shane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Shane wrote:Martin visited my shop this saturday and saw my built. I got one of them tools you use for bending the aluminium trim. Its like the one from HF, but I got it in Sweden at Verktygsboden in Borås.

He liked it so I let him take it home with him for awhile. I am sure that he is in his garage bending stuff tonight.

I would very much like to meet with you Heiki. I go to many of the events in Sweden each summer. Have you ever been to the Bilsports Custum Show in Jönköping? Its hold each year for 3 days at easter.
Its a show that has Hotrods, custom cars and bikes.

One question for you Heiki, have you ever seen a teardrop with the rear fenders from and old Volvo PV 444. I think that if modified they would look great.

Jönköping I know of but never attended except for the Country Music Festivals in Sweden. Ive heard of the Show though. Many people from Finland there too.

Thats telepathy once again Shane. Yes actually we talked about the Volvo
fenders with a good friend of mine here. Im sure that should be tried on a build. ;) :designing:

If you see Martin please send our regards. :thumbsup: We talked about the possibility of taking a trip up to Nordkapp that would be a fairly straight shot up for us to travel there. All these dreams.. :)

Shane do you have pics of the work you did with the bender stretcher?
Im still practicing with it. How far are you from the Copenhagen Airport?
Maybe I,ll have to take a flight to see you? You could show me some bending tricks with the bender/stretcher.. :D Or if you like the cold you can come up this way? :thinking:

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Arne » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Is that a 3 cylinder, 2 stroke saab?

The profile looks like one of the shin kickers... it the counter is not at the rear of the tear, at the right height, it has to pull out, or it will be hard to reach.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Shane » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:03 pm

yes its a 3 cylinder SAAB. have you seen tha he lowered the floor inside the trailer to gain standing room?

@ Heiki

I have not bend that much with it yet. I am still dooing the plywood work, but in a few days Martin will be a master in using the machine. Martin and I live just outside Copenhagen and only about 20 km apart. You are very welcome to visit.

I tried bending some of Martins mouldings and I think that you have to work it a little bit at a time, forming it gently with the machine. It leaves some marks on the moulding and maybe you will need to hammer it down or use an english wheel to do the finishing touch.
Shane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Shane wrote:yes its a 3 cylinder SAAB. have you seen tha he lowered the floor inside the trailer to gain standing room?

@ Heiki

I have not bend that much with it yet. I am still dooing the plywood work, but in a few days Martin will be a master in using the machine. Martin and I live just outside Copenhagen and only about 20 km apart. You are very welcome to visit.

I tried bending some of Martins mouldings and I think that you have to work it a little bit at a time, forming it gently with the machine. It leaves some marks on the moulding and maybe you will need to hammer it down or use an english wheel to do the finishing touch.

I tried some bending with it also but it sure didnt look too impressive. Yet anyway :o As you say just maybe the English wheel would help however Im not really sure that would be needed. Its the technique I think more.
There was a gentleman here from Florida who has one and he sanded his down. Sure wish he was here on the forum yet to give us some helpful hints. Maybe Martin will give us some pointers. :thumbsup:

On Sigges website I noticed he has some of the round tail lights on his tear and they are recessed. He did give me an idea Ive been having a nightmare with since the radius is too tight the trim ring wont sit too well on it. Without them yes but they look weird without. I think Ive got an idea how to work it out now from his technique used. :lol: :lol:

Shane I sent you a p.m. :thumbsup:

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby caseydog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:26 pm

I want the old Saab. :thumbsup:

As for the TD, I like the layout. Instead of that one big window on the front, I'd rather have two windows -- one on each side -- for cross ventilation. And a fantastic vent in the sleeping chamber.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:45 am

Arne wrote:The profile looks like one of the shin kickers... it the counter is not at the rear of the tear, at the right height, it has to pull out, or it will be hard to reach.....

Arne:
No shin kickin' there! There is no hatch. Look thru the :pictures: There is only a minimal kitchen, if any, and is on the inside with a small 2 person table.

Its a nice design. The only thing I might add would be a kitchen that pulled out of the side on sliders (stored underneath the bed). It would help lighten the tongue weight, too.

AJ
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Next

Return to Member Designs