My Tiny Camper Design (1:24 Model)

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 am

Hello, Yücel! Welcome to T&TTT! (even if you have been here for a while...)

I wanted to compliment you on your SketchUp work! It is wonderful!

And your design is attractive for the type.

However I am slightly concerned that your trailer camper as pictured in your SketchUp pictures may be too heavy for a small car to tow.

What will be the estimated gross weight? or it's static weight? Sorry if I have overlooked that information.

Better to ask this question now rather than when most of your camper has already been built...

:thinking:

Sincerely,

- Chris

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby YuGun » Sun May 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Hello T_focus,
Thanks for your very important thinks.
The design progress is go on so we dont analyse used materials yet. When hatch inner frame have designed, we will analyse all materials how long, then sum their weight and have an idea about weight.
The car weak vs huge motor and many cylinders american cars but some people tows bigger (not teardrop) caravans with these cars (and weakers) ı saw and know. This will not be the best, but it will goes. We can change our cars in a few years and have a turbo diesel. Since that time this car will do this.
Our car 4 cylinders 1700 cc 95 hp and 110nm torque. And 1100 kg weight.

About that techinical data our car can tow 950-1000 kg brake equipped trailer abaut technical laws (here is technical laws Turkey and we can not do everyting we imagine)

About these laws, Down of 750 kg trailers could be brakeless and and not have a licence. Homebuilds could never take a licance (Or it is too difficult like red snow) And they have to take a technical laws control survey every year. And some amount prizes and have a different licence plate from car and its papers etc. Ä°ts boring.
For this reason our bronze goal is 749kg. We will do down from this but we will do it brake donated anyway (for extra safety at our mountain roads)
Our silver goal is down from 600 kg. (1324 lbs)
Our gold goal is down from 500 kg (1103 lbs)
Bu its not too important althought its higher than 749kg. (1653lbs)

That is it we will see what it will be all together.

Ä°f i do some English mistakes i am sorry for it. But i hope i can tell something but if it is not perfect, i am sorry.

Sincelery,
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Sun May 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Your English isn't that bad...

:lol:

Compared to my Turkic... of which I know not one word.

:dancing

Thank you for your excellent reply to the weight question! It contains everything we need to know.

For example, my car here in the 'states, a Ford Focus, is rated to tow 1200 lbs... but the same car in europe with a smaller displacement engine is rated, in Europe, to tow more.

We think that is because European drivers are better educated, their drive tests more rigorous, and the American society more full of lawyers.

:lol:

You have all the angles covered, my friend! I wish you continued excellence with your design, construction and future use!

:thumbsup: :vroom:

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby YuGun » Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm

If ı dont mistake,

Here is law towing capacities not about HP or Torque,
Its about the tow cars weight.

For safety driving you musnt tow something heavy from a percentege of your tow car weight.

Motor factor second plan, because of gears. You can uphill not forth gear, second gear but you can climb.

But caravanners says that its more comfortable automatic gear and high torque turbo diesels. Because of prevent additional gear-downs for each climb.

But i say your weight is the first important thing when this limit rules decided here. Not engine.

And here also braked and non braked limits different. My cars non brakked limit perhaps too smaller than 750 kg. (Ä°t would be about 400 or 450 kg)
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Today ı designed working stands that said as people in turkish mean "donkey" at woodworkers sayword.
These are very useful parts and we will do them first of all.

YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Mon May 03, 2010 1:21 pm

I also a ready up and tidying to my tools yesterday.

YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Mon May 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Then ı went to lumbermill to buy some wood. I prefer the pine. I see the woods in Demirci is fine and good quality. But we think to use ovened pine. But we can not do this unfortunately. I want to use this local wood ı see it is beautiful but ı afraid of it changes transform when it drys. What doyou advice me? İs the natural pine can be used in a wall frame? or is this to risky?

YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Mon May 03, 2010 1:56 pm

And later ı worked at our balkony and ı chop the wood like we designed at pc.

YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Mon May 03, 2010 2:21 pm

And at last today's 'A' have done. I can do today this. Perhaps ı can complete tomorrow a stand complatelly.

YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Tue May 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Hello, The last photo.

Selamlar,
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Tue May 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Additional,
I forget to write, we say it "Çelebi" This name came from "Evliya Çelebi" was a Turkish traveler who journeyed throughout the territories of the Ottoman Empire and the neighbouring lands over a period of forty years.
The next year is his 400th birth year, Because of this we call our tiny caravan "Çelebi" We hope our caravan could trips like Evliya Çelebi.

Who is Evliya Çelebi? Where is his travels? Additional info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evliya_%C3%87elebi
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Sat May 08, 2010 12:21 pm

The last Pictures,

YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby YuGun » Sun May 09, 2010 7:56 am

Today varnish & varnish

Ours stands building progress is end
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun May 09, 2010 8:23 am

Congratulations on completing your stands. They should be very helpful to you. It will be most enjoyable to watch your progress. Thank you for sharing this.

Your garden and the view from the garden looks very pretty.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby YuGun » Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks for share your thinks to me.
The garden not bad. Ä°t is good to see some greenings araund home. But we dont keep it too much. My neighbour does something there, not special. But anyway I like garden.

A general wiew of back garden.
YuGun
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Member Designs