Backwards weekender

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Backwards weekender

Postby rbourne3 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 am

I would like to camp in my tear this season. Looking at a conservative estimate of 200 hrs to build, at 10 hrs/week it will take a minimum of 20 weeks to construct. Not good for riding my trike or camping.

So, a 4x8 weekender is looking good. My trike is square tubing and angles, so the angles of the weekender will be symmetrical.

Now, I do not have the bulk of a tow vehicle to block the wind off the tear. Would turning it around backwards make sense for reducing drag? It would allow a larger galley in the former front and a steeper angle to the former rear.
rbourne3
Teardrop Builder

Postby parnold » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

You will likely get plenty of replies to this, but from all the reading that I have done here, due to the light weight of these tears, aerodynamics is not much of a factor.

Bottom line is, if it is what you want to do, then why the heck not, it's yours to build the way you want to enjoy it after all!
parnold
Donating Member

Postby rbourne3 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 pm

I flipped the plan and didn't like the look. By the time I got it where I half liked it, I didn't have room to sit up
rbourne3
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

You might be able to get some ideas by looking through the albums of some of our members. Here are a couple albums of members who pull with motor bikes or trikes:

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=14591

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... er_id=3412
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rbourne3 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:18 am

Thank you. It appears that the profile and/or drag is not a problem. I'll be able to concentrate on weight.
rbourne3
Teardrop Builder

Return to Member Designs