Extended stay standie

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Extended stay standie

Postby donreby » Tue May 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi all, I've been out for some time, but am now looking for ideas for a larger camper after a change in priorities.

I will be retiring within a few years and hope to travel a lot with my better half, especially to take a 3 mo + trip to Alaska. I'm thinking a TT standie will fit our needs. It needs to provide reasonable comfort for two & maybe a dog, and be towable by my 04 Sante Fe.

I would like a perm bed & seating for 2, a porta pottie/shower closet, & basic food prep area. It also needs to be pretty durable for the AK trip and easy to build.

I've seen some great ideas on the forum, but haven't settled on any one design.

I wonder if someone is here in the NE that could build my camper. I live in a townhouse in SW CT and have very little space to build anything this large.

Any ideas? :worship:
donreby
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ageless » Tue May 25, 2010 9:56 pm

You might want to check on a fiberglass 'egg'. They are liteweight and pack a lot of features into a small space.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.php?
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Member Designs