The Silver Spaceship?? My design

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

The Silver Spaceship?? My design

Postby R. W. Alexander » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Well this is the design I came up with. I went from a 60" wide trailer to a 55" wide trailer. This will accommodate a full size bed. I did not want to put in a roof vent, so I will put in a front window with a adjustable awning to let in lots of light and ventilation, (Iwill put in a intake vent with a fan to to the back of the tear)but provide shade for the window. 8) I will build stressed skin 1" wide panels for the side walls, and roof. And put on a floating aluminum skin. I just got my trailer frame, and will start hacking into it in the next few days to take off some excess weight. This will be the 5th or 6th trailer frame that I have built. So nothing new(except for building a tear drop) for me. I will start my build history with the next post. Any additional ideas for my design will be appreciated. :)

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=66872
R. W. Alexander
Teardrop Master

Postby TD Beej » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 am

I like the forward opening window, I have a similar thing in my plans, not only to eliminate the roof vent but also to create a larger inside sitting space.

I'm still not quite sure how to seal it from elements so I will be interested in what you do.
TD Beej
Teardrop Master

Return to Member Designs