lightweight and size

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

lightweight and size

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:19 pm

i am by no means an expert on how to make these things, i did this in elements.

but: could this work?

use a welded A frame
size 5x9

was thinking of the way train sleeping cars were designed.

so could bunks be used on the side wall? the bottom bunk made to flip or slide out to make a fuller bed there, for 2 to share.
the bunk itself does not have to be attached to wall for support, but could be free standing made from wood frame?

on top of the storage are could be used for a child to sleep. a child to sleep up on top bunk

portable campers porta potty is inside the storage area.

in the area label 1, could use a collasapble table (if needed)
same for area 2, is needed in perhaps bad weather.

3 is the back wall, that will open out and up. could utilize this for bug/rain flaps velcroed?

above the storage perhaps another shelf, for whatever.

coolers will be kept inside of car. but most other kitchen things stored in the storage area using plastic boxes.

now with all this in mind, could this work using the cardboard/fiberglass method? or the honeycomb panels?

i have no idea how to shape it though, so that is why i did not put a roof on it.

(in case anyone remembers, we bought an old rv for a rebuild, but hubby has taken that over and i am now back to my ttt ideas)

now if this is something that could work, would anyone guess as to the weight?

welded A frame
carboard/fiberglass walls
the only wood used perhaps would be the frame for beds or the storage box frame?

thanks for any input.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby glassice » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:39 pm

cardboard/fiberglass method you have to watch the watter in the air it can condense in the walls and rot BUT if the glass is heavy it can stand alone even if the cardboard rots
It is not the return ON my investment that I am concerned about; it is the return OF my investment
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Return to Member Designs