Joining the fun

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Joining the fun

Postby tim458 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Hello all and thanks for this excellent site! I have just purchased a stripped down pop-up trailer 10x6 and have started plans to build an over sized tear drop. After looking, dreaming, thinking for a few years now I am taking the plunge. For my needs and from the experiences I have read here I am going for something between a tear and a scotty ie t@b of my own design. 150"l x 84"w. I want a queen bed, dinette and galley out back. I have my preliminary plans in pdf format and am going to start playing in sketch up. I am planning 1.5" insulated walls, aluminum top and painted sides. I have to grind down or have the frame sand blasted, see about the condition of the axel, etc. My biggest concern at this point is the axel placement- the frame is 106" x 75" and the axel center is 45" from the back, according to the 35-40% rule of thumb I am ok except that I am using the additional 14" that was the bumper of the pop-up and over hanging the "body" by approx. 14" on either end. I still feel ok but will have to see...

I will keep you all posted, um how do I add photos?

regards, Tim[/img]
tim458
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Tim,
Welcome to the fun..........
Help with posting pictures is in the top half of the forum page (Help with Pictures)

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 am

Image to the playground. Sounds like you have a good plan. That is the first step. Now make some sawdust and yes we need lots of pictures....info is in the menu but if you need further help just yell out pm or something. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Member Designs