Completed Squidget Model

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:19 am

Opps Dale,

Your seat cushions are hitting the window screens...

Your table is too long. To get to the side that you will sit on you'll have to climb under the table.

Other than that it's looking pretty good! :R :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mwatters » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:40 pm

The proximity of the cushions to the windows should only be a problem for awning-type windows (the cranks stick WAY out). A more typical 'slider' window has a very low profile and shouldn't interfere with the movement of the cushion at all. Plus - if you're running the AC most of the time - the windows aren't a big issue.

I'd be more concerned with how that affects window curtains than windows. Might just be a matter of moving the windows forward a few inches though.

As far as the table - I found myself wondering where it would stow. I would think that, ideally, you'd want to be able to stow it while it's a bed and also when it's a couch. The ultimate lazy solution is to just pick up a pair of small folding tables and use them inside and out. When I was drawing out a similar tear, I had a table that dropped down against the road-side wall, then raised up to become the table. If there was room between the couch and door, you could put one on each side of the couch, you could then get in through the middle and move to either side. Main thing I like about that is that neither person is trapped when both are sitting. You lose some of the 'togetherness' feeling though.

mkw
Mike
Watters
mwatters
Teardrop Master

Postby cracker39 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:28 pm

Cmon, guys, give me a break!!! :R

OK, I know that this trailer isn't perfect...but, it's only a model that's been modified twice. The window placement won't necessarily be exactly as shown in the model. The windows will probably be sash type, so the cushions shouldn't hinder their operation if they extend in front of the windows. And, I may put in smaller windows than shown in the model. The table is the one I made for the side dinettes, and doesn't have to be that long. As of now, it will "hang" on one wall and have a drop-down center leg on the other end. It could be free standing so that it can be moved to sit down and pulled back in place to eat. And, I like the idea of using two small folding "TV" tables as you mentioned, Mike...you know, about 14"x19" each. In any case, the table(s) will stow under the bed when sleeping, and either against the wall when sitting on the couch, or possibly be placed behind the couch back rest. These are all small problems to be worked out before it gets built. At least, the interior layout has improved (in my opinion anyway) over the first design, thanks to all of your suggestions.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Squidget models

Postby Flonker » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:38 pm

Finally able to get into the pics page for the models. NICE...

More food for thot there...
Flonker
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Member Designs