I've finnally got a floor plan and profile I like!

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

I've finnally got a floor plan and profile I like!

Postby eddie6775 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Just wanted to show it off so far and see if any one has ideas or can get some from it. It's really not very unique but it's simple and I like it!
I hope to put this trailer to work as a full time home away from home. I spend allot of time traveling and am tired of dirty hotel rooms and loud smelly roommates..lol..

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=85748

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=85749

8)
eddie6775
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Greg M » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 pm

What's going on in the space under the bed?

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Welcome to the forum Eddie. My buddy Tyler is from Montrose. Not sure how old you are, but maybe you know him - he's 25.

Plan looks good so far! Nice lookin trailer profile.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Welcome Eddie!

Cant tell for sure from your drawings, but it looks like maybe you're making your bed only big enough for one person? You may want to consider a slide out if only for the reason of selling it someday.

I am building for solo use also, but will be making my bed convertible for sale-ability.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby eddie6775 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks for the compliments! I was thinking about putting the water storage tank and pump under the bed and some space for my duffel bags. I'll probably put an access door on the out side and store the spare tire and my jacks and stuff as well. Hopefully this will keep the tongue weight low. As for the single wide bed? well, I'm not too sure how to do it but I'd like a futon type thing. This way it would sleep two people if my wife was so inclined to come along sometime. I like how the fold out in the squidget works so I'm toying with some drawings on Sketch-up to see how I'm gonna make it come out and not interfere with the dinette and the shelf. There's alway good food for though in this forum....Now,,,how to make the bed work...hmm.

As for Tyler? I don't believe I know him but we might have met at some point. I'm out towards Forest Lake.lol..
eddie6775
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mezmo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi eddie6775,

Congrats on getting your design started. And I'd also echo you considering
making the bed convertible for use by two also, if only for versatility's
sake.

Here also is a link to forum member Carter's Big Drop Build in his album.
It's only three pages, so it's a fast look. It turned out fabulously. It's
similar to your's. He hid his shower pan in the floor though, to have more
space when it's not being used.

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... er_id=7555

Cheers,
Norm/mezmo
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby myoung » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 am

Have you drawn the sketches to scale so that you can estimate the overall dimensions? Putting the bed cross-wise may make it quite wide, but perhaps you'll need the width in order to accommodate the shower and other cabinetry.

Mine is a one-person pop-up trailer measuring 11 x 6 and weighing 1,400 pounds. It doesn't have a shower but otherwise it has many of the items you have in mind. This might be a good comparison for you.

Happy designing and building. :)
Mike Young
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=40459
myoung
500 Club

Postby eddie6775 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Wow! I like that Big Drop! Yes, mine is Similar. I chose the profile I did because the oval shape let me get in more accommodations without giving up decent floor space. I did draw the plans scaled, as to try to get a feel for what to expect. My over all width is 6'5" inside width is 6'2". enough for most people's height including myself; yet still narrow enough to tow easily. I haven't considered putting the bed along the wall but It's definatly an attention grabber. Maybe bunk beds?

Definitely got me thinking! I'll be grabbing yet another piece of graph paper before the weeks out! ...I do like the profile though. It's purdy! :D
eddie6775
Teardrop Advisor

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:49 am

eddie6775 wrote:Definitely got me thinking!

Careful!! Thats how most of us get in trouble!! We start designing a second (or third, or fourth) before the first is even built!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Return to Member Designs