Opinions on my design please

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Opinions on my design please

Postby aerohydro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:36 am

I have been working on this design for a little while now. The only build progress is that I have the basic rectangular frame of the chassis welded up. The drawbar/tongue will be the next addition. I have ordered my axle, springs, hubs, wheels, tow hitch etc. The body is 1200 mm wide overall, with a floor just over 2000 long. Wall and floor structure will be 4mm plywood inner skin, 19mm pine framing with foam insulation and a sheet steel outer skin.

Any thoughts?

Is there a way I can attach a SketchUp file to a post?

new teardrop by Leon Close, on Flickr

new teardrop by Leon Close, on Flickr
aerohydro
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:20 am

Leon,

Move the axle and the door toward the back about 400 mm and you will be a much happier camper. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby aerohydro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:08 pm

I was thinking that. Actually I have been considering attaching the suspension to a piece of angle or channel which could be u-bolted to the chassis. This would allow the balance to be adjusted fairly easily.

I meant to attach this image to my first post also:

new teardrop chassis by Leon Close, on Flickr
aerohydro
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:45 pm

No way to attach a sketchup post. We don't have a file repository. Been thinking about it though.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Member Designs