My design...early planning stages

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Re: My design...early planning stages

Postby jeff0520 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm building a 13'x6' based on Dale Summer's squidget design, modified to be longer and wider. Take a peek at my build journel. It sounds like you are going to do something similar. Link in sig :)
Hypno-Toad's Command Post, the build thread! http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50384

jeff0520
The 300 Club

Postby Gnaatz1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 pm

I am a retired Loadmaster on cargo aircraft and we used to load litters with people on the planes a lot...I will have to investigate further to ascertain the dimensions of the wooden rods on the litters used for this purpose - and those were supported on two ends both on the front and back sides.

Thank you for your inputs and concerns...Glad this is all just planning in taking inputs at this time... Just would like for this to be an option if needed...up to 200 lbs...no more - probably less.

gnaatz1
Gnaatz1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Junkboy999 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 am

Oh, A load smasher on medevac aircraft. Have you calculated the CG on your camper design yet.

The Mock up ideal is what I would suggest as well. Maybe a 1:6 scale cardboard model as well.

GL and keep at it.
Retired AF Aircraft Maintenance ( if your wondering)

Ps ( edit ) Check out CarlLaFong little model on this thread. He can swap out walls and other parts.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45690
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CarlLaFong » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Wow, someone actually looks at my stuff??? Cool! I have revamped my original masonite scale model to a Sketchup design. I decided to eliminate the traditional galley and replace it with a slider. In the long run, it will be easier to seal and more versatile, though a bit harder to build. See it here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51420

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Back to our regular programming :)
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
"As I wandered, alone, through the endless fields of corn, I could hear the crows. They seemed to mock me, calling out my name, over and over", said Cawe
CarlLaFong
500 Club

Postby Ira » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Sinks are easy:

You go to a restaurant supply store and buy a stainless steel serving pan in just about any dimensions you want. Then, you just cut the drain hole and screw the basket on there with drain pipe. Real simple.

You won't necessarily have an adequate lip around the whole thing to install a standard faucet, but if that's what you really want, you can install a separate plate in your galley to mount the faucet. In my case, I just used a Coleman camping shower unit to power water from the collapsible jug in the floor of the galley up through the counter and mounted behind the sink.

Also think Coleman's Hot-Water-On-Demand unit for this kind of arrangement.

These pans/sinks will cost you next to NOTHING.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Previous

Return to Member Designs