sumo drop.

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

sumo drop.

Postby sumo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Howdy , This is my first post. So here it goes. As so many others on here I acquired an old Palomino pop up camper that I untended on fixing up. After tearing it down I soon realized that it was so rotted that it would be better to go in another direction. I have been looking at teardrops for a long time and would like to build a true off road teardrop in the future but I am going in a different direction with this one. I am a big guy and want something I can stand up in. I love cooking outdoors so the primary use for this camper will be sleeping and cooling off. The pop up yielded a lot of usable parts. I got the furnace , 3 way fridge, sink, and 3 burner stove and good frame . I also got about 24 foot x6 foot aluminum that was on the roof that is in good shape, Inside of the top was the same aluminum as the outside. Here is a preliminary sketch of what I am thinking of doing. Any feedback will be appreciated.

sumo
Teardrop Master

Re: sumo drop.

Postby myoung » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:29 pm

In the US, doors are located on the roadside side, i.e., the right-hand side when looking forward from behind the trailer. The utility hookups are located on the street side.

Also, have a look at Sharon's compilation of pop-up designs.
Mike Young
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=40459
myoung
500 Club

Re: sumo drop.

Postby sumo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 pm

I have never reall noticed that. I will need to reverse the floor plan. Thanks fot the input.
sumo
Teardrop Master

Return to Member Designs