Suggestions on my woody teardrop design?

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Re: Suggestions on my woody teardrop design?

Postby wingloader » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:15 am

[quote}P.S. I used SketchUp for 3D modeling if anyone was interested. It's a really great program.[/quote]

Hi Ryan,

Sweet work! This is the same profile I am trying to accomplish for my upcoming build. I started trying to learn Autocad 2013 on the 30 day trial. Ain't gonna happen. You definitely need to go to school to learn that program. I build web based billing systems for a living and I thought it would be fairly easy to do at least some BASIC work on it.

I just downloaded Sketchup and and I HOPING it is something I can use. I *could* build my TD on the fly, but I'd REALLY like to be able to do what you did!

Thanks for the push to get me going in a different direction! I really love your images above and I now feel that I might still be able to do a design before actually building!

Thanks,
Joe
:thumbsup:
It takes a big man to cry, and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
--jack handy
wingloader
Donating Member

Postby Strop » Sat May 18, 2013 3:13 am

Hi Ryan,

Love all the work you have done here and I am so jealous of the skills you are displaying in the whole process. You and Dave are making it very easy for a newcomer with your detailed planning and build threads. I have read them a number of times. Now waiting for Steve Frederick to send me a URL to download his stuff for more reading.

I am just starting to learn how to use sketchup and I noticed you mentioned in an earlier post you were going to upload your plans. I haven't been able to find them and I was just wondering if you have done so.

Thanks mate. Back to reading about sketchup.

Laurie
Strop
Teardrop Master

Postby _Ryan_ » Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 am

wingloader wrote:I just downloaded Sketchup and and I HOPING it is something I can use. I *could* build my TD on the fly, but I'd REALLY like to be able to do what you did!

Thanks for the push to get me going in a different direction! I really love your images above and I now feel that I might still be able to do a design before actually building!

I have to say that if I hadn't used SketchUp and done the extensive amount of design work and planning it would have been a lot harder. I'm an engineer and work with computers all day and not so much of a woodworker, until recently that is. :D

On the other hand there are plenty of people on this board that can do beautiful work with only a sketch on a napkin and head full of great ideas, but I am not one of them. Play to your strengths and you will get the best result and have a lot of fun!

Strop wrote:I am just starting to learn how to use sketchup and I noticed you mentioned in an earlier post you were going to upload your plans. I haven't been able to find them and I was just wondering if you have done so.

Yes! They will be made public but there is still some work to do. I am also feeling the crush to get this build done so besides work and trailer building there is not much other free time. Once I am done I will finish the plans and post them. In the meantime if there is anything specific you want send me a PM and I will make sure you get what you need.

Good Luck!
_Ryan_
Teardrop Master

Postby DoctahDeane » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:53 am

Ryan - I too, would really benefit from your plans. I love what you have done and I am ordering a NT trailer today. Thanks for the inspiration? Did you upgrade the trailer and/or tires at all?
I keep stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy. W.C.Fields
DoctahDeane
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to Member Designs