LowBoy Sleeper only and Popup idea

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby Junkboy999 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:17 pm

Ok Guys, and Gals, ( and others )

This is just me thinking out loud. Took about an hour to throw this together. I dont not have any plans for this other than my head and what I did in the Cad Program , Wings3d. It is based off a FULL size mattress ( 54x75 ) The Rulers shown are 6 foot. The Camper rim size is 13 and tires are med profile. As it is shown now the body is 59 inches wide, but wall thickness is not true.

First Pic is just the LowBoy Sleeper only with a small storage section in back. A galley can be installed but would be too low to comfortably use. The storage in back is for your gear and eliminates the need for a tongue box. This keeps it sleek, clean, and simple. If you make the nose more rounded you can get some storage up front. Here I have some front cabinets and a back shelf in this rendition.

This is the camper from above and from the aft right.

Now, The PopUp idea.

I just got board for the next few pictures. This camper has a shell that raises up. The shell is completely hollow and had 5 sides, the top and front rounded area counts as two sections. It lifts off an internal box, mounted to the frame, where the sleeping area is places. The front self can be access only when the shell is in the up position. Small lightweight weight shelves can be attached to the top of the camper, or a separate folding back cabinets system can be made as pictured. The ( galley ) storage box is a separate box in this concept.

OK as stated above this is just me thinking out loud. Door placement and how it works and lifting part still just in my head. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? :FNP
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: LowBoy Sleeper only and Popup idea

Postby Junkboy999 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 pm

The idea behind the LowBoy was to get a teardrop profile that would try to stay under the back deck of a medium to small utility pickup.

Funny thing is, my Mom and Dad called last night just to chat and check up on the weather. Dad mentioned that my brother was interested in making a DT that he could tow with his El Camino to car shows. ( a work in progress ) He told my Dad he was thinking about a small one that would be below the airflow of his Comino and might raise up for sleeping and camping. Sometimes my brother and I think a lot alike. So I found a side view drawing of a Camino and placed it in front or the camper for show.

Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Member Designs