AquaTear - for when you can't decide

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby angib » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:30 pm

Chip,

You're thinking of a smaller one of these, aren't you?

See Wilderness Boats

Admittedly, these are giants (20ft long 7ft wide 7ft high) - would you all believe that apart from length, these boats are the MAXIMUM size that fit down most of Britain's canal system? Generations of Americans haven't called us a tinpot little country for nothing, you know?

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Chip » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:36 pm

Andrew,,believe it or not in my web surfing I came across canal boats and they are beautiful,,,,I would love to take a week on one and just relax,,,hit a pub or ten and try to keep one of those 40 footers in between the banks,,lmao,,,but thats the idea

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby DANL » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:19 pm

Sooo... CANAL TEARS--a whole new concept and just the ticket for those small back yards. I saw the picture of your back yard so I think a 5'-5" wide AquaTear would be just about right.

Maybe I can redesign the pull out rear section so it telescopes out by several more lengths. That should provide enough stability so we don't have to worry about capsizing--and we'll have enough space back there for shuffleboard.
The tiny trailer in the avatar is designed to carry our recumbents and sometimes sleep in. We LOVE having a kitchen in the woods and a place for most of our gear.
Dan Jones http://sunsetlanding.com/teardrop/teardrop_intro.html
DANL
Donating Member

Postby ceeann1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Heh! I like the idea of a teardrop on a boat...why not just back one onto a pontoon boat, with appropriate chocks for the wheels, and leave the cover over the back as a flat spot. Motor/outboard already in place and you have an instant houseboat for two! Sounds like a great way to enjoy medium size rivers and large lakes.
ceeann1
Teardrop Inspector

transformer

Postby jay » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:49 am

very Bond!
jay
Donating Member

Postby kitcarguy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:40 pm

This is great. I have I have had my fair share of ideas for something like this. I always thought it would be great to have a small camper that could detach from its trailer. The only twist that I had to go with it is it would be able to sink to shallow depths (mini sub) as well.

Now that would be the ultimate toy :)
kitcarguy
Teardrop Builder

Re: AquaTear - for when you can't decide

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:46 am

DANL wrote:Can't decide whether to go Teardropping or boating? Tet AquaTear solve the problem!

After seeing all of those great designs in the contest, they stirred around in my head and this is what came out. Okay--I know there might be sealing and leakage problems--but heck--this is just for fun.

Would I build it? Hmmm.

Did anyone save the picture of DANL's aquatear?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Member Designs