Crouchy

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Crouchy

Postby Adventure Time » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:45 pm

photo (4).JPG
photo (4).JPG (132.21 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
photo (5).JPG
photo (5).JPG (119.44 KiB) Viewed 1713 times

So the trailer is 4'6" wide and 8' long not including tongue. I wanted it to be tall enough to sit in a normal chair inside. I mocked it up on the wall in tape and tried to simulate what it would be like inside. I am kinda making up this design as I go along. I thought this was a Great Lakes design. It looks kinda like a Benroy now that I am looking at this forum. I am stalled on cabin cabinet design and galley design. What would you call this design? I originally had a beautiful large radius on the front but found I wouldn't be able to sit in a chair with my back to the front wall. So I had to shorten the front radius. After shopping for doors and not finding exactly what I wanted, I cut out a 4'x2' with 3" radius corners. Making those seal and look right will be the hardest part of this build.

This is where I am now with it. Doesn't it look like a toy from this perspective? A trailer for ants!

Tonight I put some more underlayment on the outside. I went to a plywood distributor looking at 5'x5' Russian Birch and the top scab boards just happen to be bendy plywood with the grain of each layer going the same direction. They gave me all that I wanted of those. I would have gladly paid for those. It lays over those tight curves with no problems what so ever.
Attachments
photo (6).JPG
photo (6).JPG (143.8 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
Adventure Time
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Crouchy

Postby Juneaudave » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 am

I like it! :applause: :applause:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:36 am

It looks cute. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Junkboy999 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 pm

For you galley… you might find it easier if you just put in some temp shelves and counter top. A lot of builders go camping a few time, to and see how they really use it before finishing the galley.

The is a nice view of it.. Looks great so far.
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Member Designs