Reverse bed fake tongue box

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Reverse bed fake tongue box

Postby KennethW » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm

What do you guys think? :thinking: Any improvements?
125859 click to enlarge
:thumbsup: :thumbdown:
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Reverse bed fake tongue box

Postby Gunguy05 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:16 am

We are building a tongue box on ours and using it for inside storage only. No access from the outside. We can better use it to store kids clothes and toys etc. I don't want the extra junk in the camper while we are trying to sleep 4 in it.

Whatever works for you. That's what I like about it. Build it the way you want it!

Keep us posted.
Brian

Checkout my buildThe Regal Eagle Bow front for 4
Also my teardrop updates from blog on Dad Rambles
Gunguy05
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Tricky! Very nice.

MIke...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby tony.latham » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:55 pm

Well... I really-like how the traditional teardrop interior profile functions. Especially a 10' long trailer. :thumbsup:

Here's the "headboard" of my old Hunter:

Lots of area on the shelf for stuff. There's about a foot of space behind the sliders. (We carry our shower and awning in there. Here, you can see I duplicated that with my 5-wide:

Over the legs, I've got two shelves that store a (12V) electric blanket, plastic boxes to place your shoes, and lots of other camping junk. That bottom shelf is actually the front of the galley counter:

But! If you have the desire to be different –and that's one of the great things about this forum and DIY TDs, I'm sure it'll work. :thumbsup:

What jumps out at me is your cooler placement. I think it'd be a pain to monkey with it up high like that. :thumbdown: And BTW, where's your battery going?

For creativity? Three of them: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Perhaps we can discuss this further sometime on the edge of nowhere after we've circled the wagons and got a campfire popping and snapping. :beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby KennethW » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:23 pm

Thank's for the input. as far as the cooler I always put the cooler on a cheep camp chair when camping. My thoughts is to keep the looks of the 8' teardrop but make a lot bigger galley and lots of storage with the lower galley floor. The under bed storage is just for the rarely used items(spare tire,tools and parts) The battery would go in a battery box on the V of the tongue as a counter weight to the galley. I am not into cabinets, more of a hanging bag guy(like those shopping bags hanging from a rod).
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Our head is at the rear, easier to get into.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Member Designs