Pop up Treadrop

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Pop up Treadrop

Postby Patchdog » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Saw this pop up teardrop on facebook. Thought it would make a cool design. Anyone design anything like this before? I would think waterproofing it would be a trick.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (45.79 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
Thanks,

PatchDog

If you need great Promo ideas just contact me.

http://extraordinarypromos.com

http://proforma.com.extraordinarypromotions
Patchdog
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Pop up Treadrop

Postby dales133 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:55 pm

Waterproofing it would be an absolute nightmare
Have a look Kimberly Kampers down here in aus, theý are alot more modern but follow a similar approach but where the outside walls lift instead of the inside witch halves the areas where it could leak.
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Re: Pop up Treadrop

Postby Junkboy999 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:38 pm

This picture is been a around for a while. Somewhere I have about 16 photos of that one showing how it was set up. The middle section of it goes inside the hole camper when it is in the down position. I think that one will be hard to seal. Lots of water will hit the side on the top section and have no place to go but in.

Now if you have a TD that had a pop up section that covered the camper you have a better chance to keep water out.

Check out what I planing to build.
Max Headroom, A Pop-Up Benroy, planning
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=53506

Here is a great link to campers that have a pop up section in them or lifting roofs. These are all the ones that were finished buy forums members and other camper on the net. Sharon “S. Heisley” put these links together.

Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers with Lifting Roofs
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50969

In the design area you will find many great and strange ideas that are just idea. Waiting for the right day and build to come along.
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Member Designs