CCUK Proposed Chassis Plans

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

CCUK Proposed Chassis Plans

Postby CCUK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:59 am

Hi Guys

My First post here in members designs. please see my post in newbies section
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=64170&p=1142287#p1142287

Here is my initial chassis ideas please comment and make suggestions.

Might have to go longer on the tongue due to rear bike rack on car.

CCUK
Teardrop Inspector

Re: CCUK Proposed Chassis Plans

Postby jstrubberg » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 pm

I would extend the tongue. Longer trailers are easier to back.

Since you've already gone to that much detail, you might think about adding a couple of wiring conduits front to back as well. Very useful when most put their battery on the tongue and the majority of power usage is in the galley.
The more stuff I take along, the more time I spend taking care of my stuff!
jstrubberg
500 Club

Postby MtnDon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:02 pm

I agree on the longer tongue for reversing ease.That will of course require larger tongue materials most likely. As it is drawn you would also have virtually no space for anything much on the tongue.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby CCUK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 pm

jstrubberg wrote:I would extend the tongue. Longer trailers are easier to back.

Since you've already gone to that much detail, you might think about adding a couple of wiring conduits front to back as well. Very useful when most put their battery on the tongue and the majority of power usage is in the galley.

Thanks for your reply :thumbsup: ... did think about conduit of some kind but that is a far as I got. What have you used on your trailers?

CCUK
CCUK
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CCUK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:44 pm

:thumbsup:
MtnDon wrote:I agree on the longer tongue for reversing ease.That will of course require larger tongue materials most likely. As it is drawn you would also have virtually no space for anything much on the tongue.

Maybe if I made it 500mm to the front of the V and then another 500 to the hitching point...1 m overall from front of TD. I have a cycle rack for the back of my car so this will help with clearance when bikes are being carried.

Ease of reversing will be a big bonus...thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

CCUK
CCUK
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Member Designs