Any STAR TREK fans on the board?

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby Laredo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:46 pm

Now those fenders have some potential as storage pods....
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Praying Mantis

Postby Rem » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:03 pm

Hi All
I have started the praying mantis. It is very much like the Gallileo. It will have sliding doors. I have two designs. One with out riggers for storage with a 4 ft wide body and a 5ft wide version without the out riggers. Many special accesories will be incorporated to accomodate medical needs
Rem
Teardrop Master

Hinge door at the bottom

Postby gyroguy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Mike Yes I could put hinge on top ft. side of door but it would open up at an angle.And if it going to be wanting to fall shut any way might as well be top open with gas struts.

What about hinging it at the bottom, and using the inside of the door as steps? That would be kind of airplanish--aircraftish--jettish ... you know what I mean.
For build pix of Crocodile Tear, completed 10/26/06 -- Look at my album or new website <www.crocodiletear.com> (website has more info)
gyroguy
Teardrop Advisor

Surveytech's Shuttlecraft

Postby westover » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:05 pm

:shock: HOLY COW! How did you keep it under 8 feet wide. Looks like you're right in that ballpark. Are you going to use cameras instead of side view mirrors? That would look AWESOME with a matching teardrop behind it! Especially if you could have a pneumatikc cylinder suck it in close and make it look real long! :thumbsup:
Boy, do I need to build one of these! This is going to be my "Rut Buster".
westover
Teardrop Inspector

Lone Wolf's First Season Gallileo

Postby westover » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:15 pm

Food for thought! :) In the tv series, the top portion of the door opened up and the bottom opened in, and back, to provide a step or steps. Or you could hinge the bottom of the door, to the top, so it folds in when you lift the door up. With a small air compressor, air tank, air cylinder and a valve, you could make it all work true to the series :thumbsup:
Boy, do I need to build one of these! This is going to be my "Rut Buster".
westover
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joseph » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:16 pm

You have GOT to be kidding me! Somebody's digitally re-mastering some of the old Star Trek shows! I can't really see the point, though I must admit the planet killing paper bag (actually a wind sock dipped in cement) from "Doomsday Machine" now looks a lot more menacing.

You can see some of the remastered stuff on the Star Trek website (bottom left) including the "planet killer," but again, I can't see much point in it. How many trips are they gonna make to this well?!

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby patchlogan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:30 am

Ok i confess im a trekkie allways have been im 43 so i grew up with the original when i was 15 me and a freind got an old boat and painted the Enterprise red streaking logo down the side and named it Enterprise 1701B,TNG was ok ,never watched DS9 but last year at lunch time it was on everyday so since i go home for lunch i think i saw all the episodes in rerun,the borg chik on Voyager was hot (Jeri Ryan)but other than that i couldnt stay intertested,They just started running Enterprise with Capt.Archer ive watch them and i like them but i thought Capt.Pike was the first Capt. of the Enterprise can any one fill me in on correct Capt.order.
patchlogan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Laredo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:54 pm

Archer was the first starship captain.
Enterprise was the first starship.
Capt. Christopher Pike was the first captain of the NCC-1701, Constellation-class starship "Enterprise," a heavy cruiser with a crew of approximately 300.
Capt. James T. Kirk was the second captain in command of this ship, which was destroyed.
Capt. Kirk also commanded the NCC 1701-A.
By the time Capt. Jean-Luc Picard took command of the Galaxy-class Enterprise, it was a D model; that battleship was destroyed under his command, and replaced by a smaller, faster ship also named Enterprise.
The timeline from construction of the ship Archer commanded through the destruction of the Enterprise-D varies according to which version of the Trek universe you inhabit, but Braga and Berman posited the construction of Archer's ship sometime in the 2050s AD; the Constellation-class starship was built approximately 200 years into the future (and had oddly retrograde electronic and computer components), and the Enterprise-D's commissioning followed the NCC-1701 "No Bloody Letter"'s destruction by approximately 80 years.

Whoops ... now everybody knows what a Trek geek I am, and I'm the least indoctrinated in my house...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:38 pm

Laredo wrote:Archer was the first starship captain.
Enterprise was the first starship.
Capt. Christopher Pike was the first captain of the NCC-1701, Constellation-class starship "Enterprise," a heavy cruiser with a crew of approximately 300.
Capt. James T. Kirk was the second captain in command of this ship, which was destroyed.
Capt. Kirk also commanded the NCC 1701-A.
By the time Capt. Jean-Luc Picard took command of the Galaxy-class Enterprise, it was a D model; that battleship was destroyed under his command, and replaced by a smaller, faster ship also named Enterprise.
The timeline from construction of the ship Archer commanded through the destruction of the Enterprise-D varies according to which version of the Trek universe you inhabit, but Braga and Berman posited the construction of Archer's ship sometime in the 2050s AD; the Constellation-class starship was built approximately 200 years into the future (and had oddly retrograde electronic and computer components), and the Enterprise-D's commissioning followed the NCC-1701 "No Bloody Letter"'s destruction by approximately 80 years.

Whoops ... now everybody knows what a Trek geek I am, and I'm the least indoctrinated in my house...

Sweet Jesus!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Laredo, I new you were COOL, but you just impressed the hell out of me. Did you write that from memory or have to look it up??

"say memory, say memory" :worship: :worship:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

My VERY FIRST post on this forum... http://tnttt.com/viewto ... highlight=

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Laredo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Didn't have time to look anything up :D

...and I liked your first post the first time I saw it.

But that overhead overhang out back still has me scratching my head about how to support it.
It sure looks like a great place to hang a privacy curtain/porch awning from, though.

Somebody oughta build that. Couldn't be too much harder than a weekender ...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Laredo wrote:Didn't have time to look anything up :D

But that overhead overhang out back still has me scratching my head about how to support it.
It sure looks like a great place to hang a privacy curtain/porch awning from, though.

This is pretty close.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Laredo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:48 pm

bledsoe3, what IS that? Is that commercially manufactured?
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:13 am

I don't know anything about it. I got it from this thread.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Mary K » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:58 am

Laredo wrote:Didn't have time to look anything up :D

I might just start working on a sketchup drawing for it...it is kinda cool huh?

LL&P ;)

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby hoggtyed » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:31 am

Its one of the boat trailers I would just about kill to own one.
hoggtyed
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Member Designs