New to this site and need advice........Please!

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby Campingmom » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:11 pm

Wow guys thanks for all the tips and support. These are some great ideas to think on. I am from the Chattanooga TN area. My daughter just turned 10 and is in that perpetual "I'm bored" stage. I showed her some pics on here and she got really excited. I think she was more into the galley pics than anythng else. So I am looking forward to this alot. The removeable galley is a good idea too to cut down on weight when removing it off the trailer. I was hoping for a simple build, but I think I may take more time and do some extras like the tv/dvd player and a stereo. maybe make the galley cabinets where they can come out in sections and just bolt together when in place. WOW I just dont know yet....so many options. So what did you guys do on your first that you wished you had or had not done?

Thanks Traci/Mom
"Not all who wander are lost."~Tolkien~
Campingmom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby toypusher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Campingmom wrote:..............So what did you guys do on your first that you wished you had or had not done?

Thanks Traci/Mom

Traci,

There is a whole thread (or more) on this.

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=550&highlight=change
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:35 pm

Yep that's the thread... you beat me to it! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:58 pm

Traci/mom,, first welcome to the romper room,, sounds like ya got a bad case of trailerittis,, as far as how the first trailer went together and what we would have done different,, LOTS,, first one was bigger and wider and heavy,, new one is smaller, narrow, and a lot lighter,, next one somewhere in the middle probably,, No matter how much you plan and ponder, you are gonna find things you would do different,, Maybe its just a good excuse to build another,,

You are not too far from us over here in the Carolina's,, If ya can try to meet us up at Racoon Hollar,, check out the Southeast region for more details,, even if ya havent got a rolling trailer come on,, ya can meet a bunch of fine people,, and check out a number of trailers in the process,,

good luck with your plan and build,,

chipper :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby s4son » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:48 pm

I just saw this trailer on E-bay. You might get some ideas from it. It has a teardrop cabin that is removable. It also has steak (or is it stake) sides and a ramp. The cabin is moved with a 12 volt winch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Teardrop-Camping-Trailer_W0QQitemZ4609495220QQcategoryZ50063QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:23 pm

Not a bad price for all that you get. It should sale. It would be hard to build one for that money. Check out the stove and oven. Nice :yes:

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Previous

Return to Member Designs