The Eagles Tailgater

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

The Eagles Tailgater

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:50 am

Is the the perfect tailgater trailer? You'll have to tell me... I've got a basic shell designed with the following...
6x13 shell
Huge bed... 70x88" long enough for ya?
Bathroom & Portapotty
27" TV
Plenty of storage
Bed converts into a table

Oh yes, it's 6' 8" at the highest point, plenty tall for a 6'4" kind of guy!

You'll have to use your imagination to decide where to put the table, the liquor bottles and the ice bucket! :lol:

BTW, I didn't draw the bathroom door... you'll have to use your imagination for that too!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby RC » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:26 am

Is that from your new software package? Looks nice!
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

Postby Chip » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:29 am

Mike make the tv a huge flat screen and save the crt tube space for liquor etc,,,,,looks real good,, now when ya gonna do a mock up of this one,,, :lol: , oh where is the beer keg going to be installed???,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:35 am

No, this is still the old software package... haven't learned the new one yet... when have I had the time? :lol:

Yes, the flat screen TV is the way to go, but we'll let Tailgater use his imagination for that!

And Chip, I was hoping you would mock that one up for me, since I'm tied up with the Weekender. :wink:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:23 am

Mike,
I downloaded a free version of that software. All I've been able so figure out so far, is how to spin some of the objects like the springs and cubes.
It only took 2 1/2 hours to download from my phoneline. :roll:
After it finally finished downloading, it informed me that I could not import or save any of the files. It gives you 30 days to "play" with it, then you gotta buy it.

TailgatingNut is gonna freak when he sees this design, better get ready for a long thread.

Postby catrinka » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:50 am

If you scaled this down a bit, and replaced the tv with a galley it would be just about what I'm trying to do.

Home Depot has a 5 1/2' x 10' trailer that we are thinking of as a base. And we've been talking of going 6' high to allow for standing inside. I know somewhere I saw weights on different sizes of plywood. I've been trying to figure out weight for a trailer like this. We've been thinking of flattening out the roof ( like the weekender) to speed up building time.

I downloaded the A9CAD program, but I can't figure it out. Its still faster and easier to draw on paper :lol:
catrinka
500 Club

Postby JamesW » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:29 pm

[quote="Chip"]Mike make the tv a huge flat screen and save the crt tube space for liquor etc,,,,,looks real good,, now when ya gonna do a mock up of this one,,, :lol: , oh where is the beer keg going to be installed???,,
chip[/quote]

The keg goes under the pillow..
:roll:
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Postby JamesW » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:31 pm

Mike,
It looks like I am having problems with HTML?? What gives? The quote above did not come out right.
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:36 pm

I'm ready for a long thread!!!

I'm done building for today... I can't do any more until the framing on the second side is dry. Another reason to use plywood!!!

For the weight of plywood, just figure .0217 pounds per cubed inch.

For example a 3/4" sheet of plywood is 48x96x.75 = 3456 in cubed, times .0217 = 75 pounds.

Dean, there is a steep learning curve on that kind of software... I figure at least 3 months if you are using it consistantly. And I haven't even started yet!

There's several places where you can put a keg of beer, depending on the size. Under the galley counter, on the floor next to the bathroom, or on the roof with a plastic straw running down to your mouth!!! :lol:

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby catrinka » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:41 pm

For the weight of plywood, just figure .0217 pounds per cubed inch.

For example a 3/4" sheet of plywood is 48x96x.75 = 3456 in cubed, times .0217 = 75 pounds.

Thanks Mike

catrinka
500 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:13 pm

Mike and Cathy,
I just now figured out how to add shadows to this antiquated drawing program I've been using for about a year now.
If I end up buying a CAD program, I will get somebody that already knows how to work with it, show me the "ropes".

One word..................WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:34 pm

That thing is perfect. I printed up and showed the wife, she loved it , wnats me to start building asap, have permission to buy a hf trailer
A few questions mike and suggestions that mayeb you can tangle with
1. ANy way htat yv can be mounted inside and look out? Like say on the same side the door is?
2. I was hoping to fit that grill and keg in there any ideas on that?
3. Looks unreal this thing is great.!!!!!!!!!!
4. What size trailer ?
5. Do you have the dimensions drawn up?

THANK YOU MIKE
ALL HAIL MIKE GRAND PUBAHH OF TAILGATING MACHIINES
Looking to build the ultimate tailgating machine, anyone help me?
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:41 pm

I would mount the grill on the outside of the trailer... like this
and this

And if you use Chip's suggestion and get a flat panel TV, you can move it from inside the galley area to outside next to the door where you want it, at any time.

It's a 6' wide trailer... I'll check the length for you...

I'll lay the trailer on a grid and you can determine any dimensions you need.

As for the beer keg, you could put it on the floor right inside the door, or you could leave an opening in the galley counter, and set the keg in an ice box there.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

OKKK OKKK KEEP EM COMING

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:54 pm

Thes e ideas are absolutely great,
I was thinking of having teh propane out the side as well, have a little hook up jack out the side of the trailer, where the galley is, also wanted to have the side where the door is fall down like a giant table not the wall itself but a wall attached to the wall, know what i mean? That way I have the table, the beer, and the grill all on the same side, the galley in teh back ends up being more of a storage area. Also need the the tereo and cd changer and satellite hook up. Gotta watch all the gmaes while waiting to go in
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

one more thing

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:00 pm

What type of skin should i be using?
Id liek to paint it eagle green. Possible to use a green aluminum????????
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Member Designs