The "Casablanca"

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

The "Casablanca"

Postby Shrug53 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:47 am

OK here is one that some folks might like. In my opinion the hardest part of a build would be a curved galley hatch. You could go for something like the Weekender, or the Simple to avoid that, but then you lose the great curves of a tear. The Boxster has a nice comprimise, but I feel it is too small, and something about the shape does not sit quite right with me.
The Casablanca has some great curves up front, along with a nice flat top and bottom to ease construction. The galley hatch is flat and so will take almost no effort to build. The trialer as I show it in the photo below is 4.5'H x 5'W x 9'L
This means it can easily fit a queen sized bed (or a convertible dinette) and still have up to 2.5' for the galley. Let me know what you think!

"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby RC » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:46 pm

Looking good Shrug. Kinda like the modified Rimple I did of Andrews, only larger, and with the rounding on the front bottom edge. I like the looks of it.
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

Return to Member Designs