Mystery trailer

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Mystery trailer

Postby mikeschn » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:14 pm

I got to thinking about what else I could put on the 5x8 trailer... so I went back into the archives, and came up with this. What do you guys think about this? It's an old design, been around for years and years...

Can anyone identify it?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:26 pm

Okay need a clue? Here's one...

The door is in the front...

Here's another...

It has wire wheels

And last...

It's 63" tall yet only weighs 616 pounds...

That's it... your guess please?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:29 pm

Areo-Pumpkin
Areo-Onion
Areo-Lite

(First two guess' don't count, right?)

Postby JamesW » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:30 pm

It is an Irish Tear....

Potato....
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Postby DANL » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:56 am

Hmmm... That would have to be a Raven Argonette--and a sweet little design it is. Came totally equiped with everything needed for camping in its day--the 1930's--right down to a corkscrew. I sure would like to see a real one.

Gotta keep up with the homework assignments.
The tiny trailer in the avatar is designed to carry our recumbents and sometimes sleep in. We LOVE having a kitchen in the woods and a place for most of our gear.
Dan Jones http://sunsetlanding.com/teardrop/teardrop_intro.html
DANL
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:44 am

You're right Dan. Good job! I guess you are keeping up with your homework! I've had my eye on both the Raven Argonette and the Midget Trailer for quite some time.

Since Bob Kloppe has already built the Midget Trailer, maybe I should build a version of the Raven Argonette.

Mike...

-----
Too many tears, too little time!!!
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:29 am

Mike,

Paint it orange and with a green chimney on top and call it the Punkin Patch.

You could rent it out to guys selling pumpkins for both Halloween and thanksgiving .

You could make seveal of them and start your own pumkin patch bed and make your own breakfast at the Raven Argonette gardens just off the 184 freeway not far from bridgeport lake cottage. A Posh hideaway for the very very rich.

Or put a long low window in it and sell punkin pies from it for extra money on the week ends at county fairs while traveling.

You could have different skins for it for different events. pumkin, onion, garlic festivals, Basketball, soccor, tennis surving hot onion soup to hotdogs, a happyface for when you camp infront of wallmart, a light bulb for GE stock meetings. You could be interviewed by all the big news stations. CBS might want you to make it revolve as you go down the road with their letters on the sides. Mike soon you could be the Trump of the tinny trailer crowd.

I have never seen trailer like that before. Very different design.

Thanks for sharing.

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby angib » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:47 pm

Mike,

Yeah, but be sure to use narrow vintage wire spoked wheels and, to top it off, use leaded glass in the windows. Kewl.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:24 pm

angib wrote:To top it off, use leaded glass in the windows.

I could "help" you out with that Mike.
Tell Ya What, Stay off my back about me getting started on my trailer and I'll donate the material and time on the stained glass windows! (How can you pass that up, huh?)
I'll even use Colonial Zinc Came, which will work much better than reinforced lead, because of all the vibration and jarring movement.

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:59 pm

Hey, now that sounds like a good idea, a replica vintage Raven Argonaut... Gee, I have to buy a farm just to have a place to store all my teardrops... :roll:

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Member Designs