The Cat house

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby kirtsjc » Fri May 12, 2006 6:52 am

Nitetimes wrote:Somehow I failed to see why those graphics should offend tall Dutch people :QM :QM :QM :QM :QM :thinking: :thinking:

Ohio State sports teams vs. any Michigan Stupids "sports" teams..

Whoops! I meant to say Traditional Universary Sports rivarlies....

(I'm outta here on this thread!)
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby kirtsjc » Fri May 12, 2006 6:54 am

Gambam wrote:Yep, this trailer is to tailgate at the other Ohio school - Ohio University Bobcats - now that we have a real coach (former Nebraska coach-Frank Solich) The football program is really taking off.

If I wanted to be like everyone else around this part of Ohio I would paint it like this

Gasp! Ya mean a return to the days of Hays & Busenburg?

:applause: :applause: :applause:
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

did you start building this one?

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Sat May 13, 2006 3:03 pm

I was curious as to whetehr or not you started building thid one
Looking to build the ultimate tailgating machine, anyone help me?
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby Gambam » Wed May 17, 2006 4:07 pm

the frame is still sitting there bare waiting for all the other hunny-dos to be done first. The First home game is 9/2 so I hope to at least have the outside and galley framed by then.
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby Gambam » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Well it's been another year of the frame still sitting waiting for something to be built on it. But I think I am getting closer to making some sawdust. I have my frame (4x8 hf folding 12in), outside skin (free frp panels donated from a family member), hinges (ss piano), windows ( ebay specials), and just won this on ebay -
It is big 42 x42 but for me it should be perfect. I will be replacing the window with a bigger one I go on ebay last year that opens.

With the latest purchase, I took another look at my design and made some major changes to make the build easier as well look a little better.

here is the latest drawing - 5x9 built over the wheels

let me know what you think
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:58 am

Will the door clear the fender?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gambam » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 am

yea, I'm building it 5ft wide on a 4 ft frame, so the body will be out over the wheels. I think my drawing the wheels are a little too high.
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby weasel » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Nice design, I built mine 5x10 and shortened the galley to 2 ft of space. Gives 5x8 inside, very nice and spacious.
weasel
Donating Member

hows

Postby Jeeper92 » Sun May 20, 2007 1:17 pm

the build coming alon?
did you modify the axle at all? did you move it back or is it the same?
Id love to see how you are building out over the fenders
Jeeper92
500 Club

Postby Gambam » Mon May 21, 2007 10:04 am

Got most of my supplies. Just bought 30 1x4x10' from a guy on craigs list for $1 each to use for the framing and some other projects. Need to pick up a few sheets of ply and whatever I am using for the inside.

The deck will be done this week, hope to have it sealed and mounted by June 1st.

No, not moving the axel. not keeping much weight in the galley and will be carrying my 10x10 ez-up on the front.

It's funny, been planing this thing for two years, with the wife showing little to no intrest, now all the sudden a switch flipped, and she is very excited and all ready is planning a trip across country as soon as it is campable. Guess I better get at it, and get this thing started. :twisted:
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby LittleCritter » Mon May 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Gambam wrote:It's funny, been planing this thing for two years, with the wife showing little to no intrest, now all the sudden a switch flipped, and she is very excited and all ready is planning a trip across country as soon as it is campable. Guess I better get at it, and get this thing started. :twisted:

I can relate here. "the buy-in" of your signifant other is important. I was the initial one to get the ball rollin'. I wanted something lightweight to pull behind the van - a camping station. TD was a perfect fit. So, I started my journey to build. My family wasn't up to speed with me for the first few days. On Saturday as I was building the floor structure, our 14 year old son came out to look it over and started to help. My hubby was watching this all start to take place as he was working on a motorcycle in the garage and then later that night he got all enthused about the build. So, now we are on board and rollin'. We hope to have ours campable (campable I said - not done) by the 4th of July. (I was previously thinking it would take me alone about 9 months) So now y'all know what we will be doing after work every night for the next ump-teen days.
LittleCritter
Teardrop Advisor

Postby deputydogrick » Mon May 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Nice design :applause: , seems to be a lot of building going on around the country. Ebay sure is making a lot of money off us, lumber industry is not doing too bad either.
Keep it fun, Move at your own pace, Don't get hurt
"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think!" Joel Volk
You should never meddle with dragons...............for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
deputydogrick
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to Member Designs