New FG teardrop design

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby angib » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:07 am

Mark wrote:How far along is the project now?

:angryfire: :rambo: :redhotevil: :bazooka:

If you're gonna start asking offensive questions of this sort, I'm collecting up all my toys and taking them back home with me...

'Too long' is the more polite answer. The tailbox is complete*, so there's just the much more difficult front bodywork to do. If I spent less time designing trailers, and more time building bodywork...

*But I am immodestly happy to report that my former employer, a boatbuilder of very high standards, described my work as 'professional' - more than I ever hoped for!

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Mark Mckeeman » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:12 am

I guess I touched a nerve! :oops:

Don’t be discouraged all good ideas take time.

I am only beginning to scratch the surface on this FG Tear Idea and I suspect it will be a very long time before the highways are littered with these little beauties!
:lol: :D

Mark
Mark Mckeeman
Teardrop Master

Postby Nick Taylor » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:45 pm

I don't know if this have been mentioned before but have you checked out the British Pod Caravan?

It's a tiny trailer made out of fiberglass. Looks like they are two side mouldings joined along the top.

I posted these pictures in another thread.

http://www.podcaravans.com/

A lot smaller than they look or that's a really big dog.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby Mark Mckeeman » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:25 am

OK Folks,

I Finally found a company in the US that appears to be producing Fiberglass Teardrops.

http://www.pull-toy.com/home.htm?

Check out the link. The web site appears new since there are several areas that still require text and many of the photos are computer-generated concept art. There are a few photos of the same tear and the galley configuration as well as one shot with two units and Hot Rod tow vehicle.

Is anyone out there familiar with these units?

Thanks, Mark
Mark Mckeeman
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Member Designs