Minden Reservations

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Postby asianflava » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:51 pm

pauld3 wrote: Can you give me an idea of what to bring to donate??? 8)

Good things are:

Parts that you thought you'd need to build a teardrop but ended up not using.

Items that you've found that is handy when camping.

Camping related books and knick-knacks.

Anything that has to do with Dutch Ovens.

Pretty much anything you think somebody would want/need.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 pm

my ideas for doorprize / raffle items......????

Like Rocky said.... plus... and some of this could be inexpensive, so make a little goodie basket or ???

Maps
Travel books
Those yellow or orange tire chocks
Firestarters
Chimney for charcoal ...
Charcoal rubbermaid container
Camp shower accessories
Books about grilling/outdoor cooking
Gift certificates
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby WarPony » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:01 pm

pauld3 wrote:.... we are hoping to have it street legal and waterproof ...so don't laugh when you come by to meet us.....

Lynn, I am in the same boat as you!! I was doing this for the first ITG and I'll be doing it for the second one, too. :lol:

See you guys there.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Kankujoe » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:my ideas for doorprize / raffle items......????

Like Rocky said.... plus... and some of this could be inexpensive, so make a little goodie basket or ???

Maps
Travel books
Those yellow or orange tire chocks
Firestarters
Chimney for charcoal ...
Charcoal rubbermaid container
Camp shower accessories
Books about grilling/outdoor cooking
Gift certificates

I am not pre-registered so I'd be one of those last minute stragglers but I'm doing my best to be able to make this trip. I'm about 80% certain I will make it but it all depends on if I can get away from my office Friday at lunch. If so, I will be there Friday evening (late) through Sunday.

I'm new to this also and I'd like to contribute in kind & spirit what is appropriate. Anyone care to give a guideline $$$ range on the door prize give-aways. Since I'm not pre-registered, is there any additional information that could be helpful to fit in?
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby Jst83 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:46 pm

pauld3 wrote:Hi, Lynn here, Paul is feverishly working on our little camper and it will not be finished (completely) but we are hoping to have it street legal and waterproof :worship: ...so don't laugh when you come by to meet us.

Boy I can relate to that I went through that 2 weeks ago for our Turkey Run Gathering.
Mines far from done but it's road worthy still working on a little running lite issue, no brake lights.
As far as waterproof :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
But I'll be there.

Can someone tell me how far the electric and water hookups are in the main area so I'll now how much cord and hose to bring? At Turkey Run I was about 75' from the electric luckily I brought my long cord
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Jst83 wrote:
pauld3 wrote:Hi, Lynn here, Paul is feverishly working on our little camper and it will not be finished (completely) but we are hoping to have it street legal and waterproof :worship: ...so don't laugh when you come by to meet us.

Boy I can relate to that I went through that 2 weeks ago for our Turkey Run Gathering.
Mines far from done but it's road worthy still working on a little running lite issue, no brake lights.
As far as waterproof :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
But I'll be there.

Can someone tell me how far the electric and water hookups are in the main area so I'll now how much cord and hose to bring? At Turkey Run I was about 75' from the electric luckily I brought my long cord

I'm coming street legal and water resistant! I sure hope no one laughs. I vote we all park next to the Rocketear and no one will notice.

Scott if you are in the primative area bring the longest one you have.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Jst83 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:34 pm

Miriam C. wrote:I vote we all park next to the Rocketear and no one will notice.

Scott if you are in the primitive area bring the longest one you have.

That's a fine idea :thumbsup: I never thought of it that way they'll be to busy looking at the Rocketear to see what stages of construction I'm in.

I did find out at my first gathering nobody really cares they still said nice things. They might have been giggling when they walked away but hey I'm unique and they'll remember it :lol:

When I booked I told them the main campground, is there a chance I'll be in the primitive not that I really care, I'll be there.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:02 am

Scott, if you requested the main campground. Then the main campground is where you'll be located.

KJ, you don't have to be pre-registered to participate in the raffle. But you do have to be registered. Bring anything teardrop or camping related of at least a $10 value.

You can read all about the Gathering at http://itg.teardrops.net/
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Betsey » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:19 am

For anyone who would like more information on the door prize drawing at the ITG2, please go to the following post on the National/International topic:

ITG2 Door Prize Drawing

Betsey :)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:13 am

Hey Betsey!

I just checked it out... this is similar to what we did at the Dam Gathering @ Shasta... It was tons of fun!!! Count me in!!! :lol:

Hope to see lots of you in Minden that I have met recently and lots of you that I haven't met yet!!!! It's gonna be some more fun!!!! See you there! :applause: :applause: :applause:

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:49 am

I hate to be Gage again, but that's not the way it is written on the ITG2 web page or is suppose to be unless it has been changed.

Betsey, you have a PM.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby catrinka » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:09 am

When I registered they suggested that I go on the street with the T@bs because of the size of my unit. But is anyone else from here going to be on the street? If not, I'd sure rather be in the primitive area with everyone else.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby pauld3 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:06 pm

Paul and I have a camp site...I think we are sharing with another teardrop, but if there is room...you are welcome to bunk up (so to speak) in our camp site!!!
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:38 am

Well we are off. I don't know where my wireless will work on the road. But will check in when I can.
Ya'll have a safe trip and see ya in Minden. :banana: :vroom: :banana:
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby catrinka » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:55 pm

All packed here and ready to hit the road tomorrow morning. We will arrive in Minden on Wed. See you all then.
catrinka
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to National/International