Minden Reservations

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Postby Gage » Thu May 17, 2007 2:45 pm

Yep, that's Oregonian.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri May 18, 2007 11:03 pm

Gage wrote:Yep, that's Oregonian.

so gage when you leaven.....

wish I could come .... maybe next year....

how long does it take to drive from your area.

you going through AZ by the Grand Canyon to NM by Albuquerque to Tx to OK to NE or CO to OK to NE

and how big will your convoy be todate.

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Oregonian » Tue May 29, 2007 9:59 pm

Hey Rocky, I think that is the only picture of the rig that I have seen on the road. Great shot.
Don't know if I will be t Minden as the trip has taken it;s toll on me. Don't ever try to take a long distance trip in a vehicle you can't stretch out your legs. The more that I think about the gathering, the more I am wanting to go. Have signed up, so why not go. Will most likely e bring, as a tow vehicle, my 1 to Dodge, and the tear is really going to look funny behind that truck. Well going to have to get the tear back together if I am going to make it there. [color=green][/color]
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Wed May 30, 2007 2:10 am

Hey Bruce
It's funny, we pulled into Grand Junction to stop for lunch. I happened to see you cross in front of us a little way ahead (you're kinda hard to miss) I sped up so that Mel could take some "Action Shots". We don't usually get action shots because we are usually behind the wheel. The one I posted here is cropped down from a big one. I have a couple others but that one was the best one. Lemme know if you want the un compressed file.

Hope you can make it to Minden. Even if you have to take the Dodge, you'll still have fun.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby George T. » Wed May 30, 2007 6:43 am

Bruce wrote :
The more that I think about the gathering, the more I am wanting to go. Have signed up, so why not go.

Bruce!

Join us! You'll have a blast. It's unlike any gathering that you have been to. LOTS of great people in a small space! Pack up the tear, hook up to the Dodge and COME ON DOWN!

George
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby Kankujoe » Thu May 31, 2007 12:05 am

I did not pre-register because I was not sure if I could make it, but I'd like to. I could possibly drive up to Minden on Friday afternoon (7-8 hour drive for me) I think. Anyone know if there will be room for any last minute stragglers? Even if I don't get the chance to officially "camp" at ITG I'd like to come up and meet some of you and to see all the other T&TTTs.
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby Gage » Thu May 31, 2007 2:32 am

Kankujoe wrote:<snip>
Anyone know if there will be room for any last minute stragglers? Even if I don't get the chance to officially "camp" at ITG I'd like to come up and meet some of you and to see all the other T&TTTs.

Bring it on. There will be others registering on site. It's been planned. If the main campground is full (and most likely will be) then you'll be put in the primitive campground which isn't all that bad and has lots of room. Something else you might think about is thier motel rooms if your not bringing your trailer.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby George T. » Thu May 31, 2007 8:11 am

Greetings from Colorado!

No worries for those who have not pre-registered for ITG2. You can register at the event during the gathering. We had quite a few people decide to attend the 1st ITG at the last moment. As Gage said, there are motel rooms available and there should be room in the primitive area. That's where you will find me.

I attended quite a few gatherings while I was planning/building my teardrop. My first foray into teardrop gatherings was in a 1964 Serro Scotty trailer. Vehicles issues got me to the 3rd Dam Gathering on Sunday afternoon, after the majority had left for home. Grant made me welcome, managed to arrange some time to visit with me. That trip saw 5900 miles in 9 days...

Several other gatherings saw me sleeping in my van and others saw me in tents. My point is, you don't need to have a teardrop to attend a gathering! As long as you have the teardrop spirit, you will be made welcome!! This is where it all comes together. Teardroppers are special people.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Working hard to make it all happen...

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Thu May 31, 2007 3:30 pm

Will there be a swap/raffle at Minden. I'd like to know so I can bring some items to donate.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu May 31, 2007 8:32 pm

Aw, I can tell Rocky. You didn't read the ITG2 page. Here's a quote in part from it.

Teardrop Door Prize Drawings
We are requesting that each registrant bring one teardrop related item to be donated as a door prize. If everyone contributes, every registered trailer will receive a door prize.

And as for when, here's the itinerary (draft).

Saturday ~ June 16th
11:00am ~ 2pm Door Prize Preview. View the selection, drop your tickets and cross your fingers!
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu May 31, 2007 9:21 pm

Page 2? what page 2? Oh I guess I'd have to see page 1 first.
:oops:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu May 31, 2007 10:02 pm

I didn't say anything about page 2. What I said was "ITG2 page". There you go, speed reading again. :lol:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:09 am

ha ha ha Ok I saw it ITG2 page, not ITG page 2. I'm a bit dyslexic at times (which is why I transpose letters a lot). Plus I AM speed reading because I'm at work.

Everybody must have been out camping last weekend. The forum was pretty dead all weekend but for the last couple of days the "view unread posts" comes up with 40+ posts everytime I click on it.

Anyway, I have a couple items that I can donate. Now, I have to dig them up.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby pauld3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi, Lynn here, Paul is feverishly working on our little camper and it will not be finished (completely) but we are hoping to have it street legal and waterproof :worship: ...so don't laugh when you come by to meet us. Remember we are not finished, we just really really wanted to make this trip!!! Sort of a "Hell or high water" kind of thing...you know? I REALLY NEED THIS VACATION!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you all there!
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby pauld3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm too new to this to know what type of "thing" I should bring to donate to the door prize. I don't want to be left out!!! Can you give me an idea of what to bring to donate??? Thanks. I appreciate you all growing me up in the new tear drop world!!! 8)
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to National/International