Minden Reservations

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Minden Reservations

Postby Sonetpro » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:50 am

I'm making reservations today for the main campground. If anybody would like to share a space shoot me a PM.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby neal b » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi all i made my reservations today a im ready to go!!!!!! :D cant wait to meet you all see you in june :thumbsup:

neal :)
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:51 pm

Got my # today !!! That was quick ! I'm #48 .

Me & Karol , us Oklahoma girls, are gonna share a spot but don't know yet if we'll be in the main or the primitive.

And I'll definitely wanna convoy !!! I guess that will be decided later. Surely there will be some Texas teardrops that come up thru OKC or we'll meet in Tulsa and from there go catch Aunti M and the Missouri folk and then meet in Kansas city or such ....

WOOHOO!!!! :thumbsup:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:17 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Got my # today !!! That was quick ! I'm #48 .

Me & Karol , us Oklahoma girls, are gonna share a spot but don't know yet if we'll be in the main or the primitive.

And I'll definitely wanna convoy !!! I guess that will be decided later. Surely there will be some Texas teardrops that come up thru OKC or we'll meet in Tulsa and from there go catch Aunti M and the Missouri folk and then meet in Kansas city or such ....

WOOHOO!!!! :thumbsup:

Julie a convoy sounds so wonderful but you guys will go faster if you head straight North up I35. It is almost a straight line for you. ( a few jogs)

I think we will end up with at least an I 135 and I- 71 group. Some of the Eastern groups will merg at I-29 with the I-71 groups.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gage » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:42 pm

Julie, there is talk that some of the SoCal tears are planning on running I-40 (route 66) to Oklahoma City and then straight up to Minden this year. I'll keep you informed.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Yeah, it looks like from OKC up I35 thru Kansas but then up to Kansas City and then over to Minden... The road looks better that way, and maybe could have a HUGE convoy meeting in KC.

WOOHOO !!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby s4son » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:03 pm

Actually you'll want to take I-29 north from Kansas City, I-35 goes northeast to Iowa. Let me know if you'd like me to start looking around for a place for a bunch of trailers to meet up. Sylvia and I also found a cute little campground a few miles off I-29 that would be a great place for folks to camp overnight if they want to make KC an overnight stop.
http://www.basswoodresort.com/index.html

There are also a couple campgrounds near the lake by our house but they are about 20 miles east of I-29.
http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/smithville/camping.htm

We could have a huge group from California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas. It would be really cool.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:53 pm

Man......... I don't want to be a caravan-pooper but Salina, KS would be a good place to meet for OK, MO, TX, and KS.

They have a "Flying J" truckstop near the intersection of I-70 and I-135.

Just a thought................. :thinking:

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:11 am

WarPony wrote:Man......... I don't want to be a caravan-pooper but Salina, KS would be a good place to meet for OK, MO, TX, and KS.

They have a "Flying J" truckstop near the intersection of I-70 and I-135.

Just a thought................. :thinking:

Jeff

Jeff, I looked up on Google and Mapquest because it looks like we should cut a diagonal across KS. It says 3 hours longer than I-71 and I-29 (which is 7 1/2 hours). However, when I plug in Wichita it is about 5 and 1/2 hour from Minden. I know I am 3 hours from Wichita so I am not sure what to think. Salina and wichita are good spots to meet for those going up I-135. Especially if it can be coordinated with the So Cal. group. Gage said they were thinking I-40 over and I-135 up. What a convoy. :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Kevin A » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:43 am

This is the route I took from Minden to Tulsa on my way home from ITG 1 Minden to Tulsa
Two of us traveled together as far as Wichita and split at that point where I continued on to Tulsa. The roads seemed to be pretty decent and we made good time. It was along this route where I stopped at a toll booth along the turnpike, the young lady collecting fees looked at my trailer and responded with the question,
"Y'all sleep in that thang". I can't help but wonder what impression a whole caravan of tears would make.
;) 8)
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:52 am

Kevin A wrote:This is the route I took from Minden to Tulsa on my way home from ITG 1 Minden to Tulsa

Yes, that does sound better.... IF the Calif folks come I-40 to OKC , then from OKC north on I35 to Salina and on to Minden. I just wasn't sure what the road was like there. Thanks for the report Kevin!!
That does look better than shooting over to KC, especially if there are alot of us. I just mentioned going to KC cuz I thought it might just be a few of us. The Tulsa / Broken Arrow folks could maybe meet up with us in Wichita or with y'all in KC.

I wonder how many heads we'll turn !!! FUN! !!
And Gage, .... when it gets closer , if you will be spending the night somewhere along the way to OKC , we'll have to find a place to accommodate your Calif group , and any you pick up along the route (AZ, NM, etc)
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:30 pm

We are planning on coming up I35. We are going to drive to Lake Carl Blackwell the first day and camp. And to Minden the second day.
Lake Carl Blackwell is a few miles off I35 between I35 and Stillwell OK. It's about halfway for us and looks like a nice place to camp.
We can meet in Salina for a caravan or meet at Lake Carl Blackwell for anybody going up I35 It's an hour north of Okla city.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:58 pm

Sonetpro wrote:Lake Carl Blackwell is a few miles off I35 between I35 and Stillwell OK. It's about halfway for us and looks like a nice place to camp.
We can meet in Salina for a caravan or meet at Lake Carl Blackwell for anybody going up I35 It's an hour north of Okla city.

That's just off I 35 around Stillwater, not Stilwell. Stilwell is almost to Arkansas! haha

I've not been there but looks alright, and . There is a new wooded RV park right off I-35 in Okla City, not at a lake but near the Remington Park Horse track. Close to 2 big highways though, it would have a lot of road noise I think.

Are most of y'all driving on the 13th, to arrive at Minden on the 14th???
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby George T. » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:10 pm

Man!

I sure hope that somebody does some "video taping" of these caravans. It would be cool to have it posted on a site as a streaming video...

Just a thought....

BTW, just drove in from Salt Lake City, Utah. You haven't traveled if you haven't driven the Colorado Rockies during one of our snowstorms. Did the pass by Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Monarch Pass this morning. YEEE Hawwwww! We've had an additional 3" of snow in the short time that I've been home.

I'm ready for some "Teardrop Time"!

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby PaulC » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:10 pm

You People sure now how to make a bloke jealous, don't you :envious:
All this talk about convoys and meeting up- sheesh :roll:

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Next

Return to National/International