What Route are you taking to the ITG

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

What Route are you taking to the ITG

Postby Gage » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:02 am

Seeings how some of the threads lately have kind of been going off track and different ones (myself included) have been posting the directions that they are taking to Minden, I thought I'd start this thread for every one to post on and maybe some would see points that they may be able to hook up with some in route.

To start. Even thought some from SoCal may be going across I-40 to Oklahoma then straight up to Minden, I'll be going a different way. The first day, I'll be going up I-15 to Fillmore, UT, staying at the KOA. Second day I'll go across on I-70 towards Denver, Co. Camping somewhere in the Rockies. Third day I'm going to take 76 out of Denver to the I-80 and on in to Minden. Depending on possible side trips, it may take an extra day. Plan on getting to Pioneer Village on Wednesday. It'll give me some time to go play a round of golf or do some local sight seeing before the big rush.

Below is my proposed route. I haven't been on I-70 for about 25 years and am looking forward to doing it again.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:03 am

Here is our planned route. We plan on going up I35 and camping at Lake Carl Blackwell in OK on the way. Timeline hasn't been set yet. We might leave on Saturday and arrive early to see the sights before the hoopla starts.

}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Jst83 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:52 am

Here's my route from the East
Plan to leave Lat Wednesday evening and arrive Thursday AM. Driving straight through.

Pretty much 74 and 80 west to Minden, About 821 Miles

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 pm

We have two ways to get to Minden. Both are about 8 hours drive.
We can drive to Wichita KS and meet up with the I- 135 group.

Or we can scoot up I-71 and meet up with the KC group.

Both are a good long drive. We will make a decison on which to take later in the year and it will depend on if Mike needs to make a layover.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:24 pm

Sonetpro wrote:

I am right near where I - 35 and I-40 cross in Oklahoma City.
Any of you that come into to OKC and need to crash the night or a few hours, I have a 1/2 acre lot and you're welcome to park.

I hope to leave on that Wed 13th, meet up with whoever else is coming thru OKC and then catch Sonetpro and head up to Salina.

Salina KS might be a place for us to meet up with any other TDers .

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Bilancy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:56 am

I recommend a short cut for those comming from the south on I-35 and U.S. 81. When you get to Fairmont, NE junct. U.S. 6, take U.S. 6 west. That will save about 35 miles :thumbsup:
Bilancy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby WarPony » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:34 pm

Bilancy wrote:I recommend a short cut for those comming from the south on I-35 and U.S. 81. When you get to Fairmont, NE junct. U.S. 6, take U.S. 6 west. That will save about 35 miles :thumbsup:

I think I'll take the U.S. 81/6 West route when I get to Salina, KS and head North. I'll probably miss most of you guys on the way there because we'll be leaving on Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Waliczek » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:04 pm

I have decided to head North out of Kansas City, to Nebraska City, To Lincoln, Nebr., Pick up I 80 to the Minden area.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby Mike B » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Easy for me. All interstates down there.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

My Route to ITG 2

Postby Aaron Coffee » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:01 pm

This is the route I will probably take. I will actually be leaving from Elk Point, SD(would be just below the last n in Yankton). Could take interstate all of the way, but I like to go the backroads and see more scenery(old cars and junk sitting in groves, and farmyards, etc.). Besides getting there is half of the fun.
Route to Minden

How do I just link just the image of the map?
Thanks
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:37 pm

Here you go Aaron. Just do screen shot and crop it down.

Aaron Coffee's route to Minden.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Any one in No. Cal going to go? I think I've shaken off the transmission gremlins...I'm going to get on I-80...and go...approx. 1300 mi....anyone wanna go along? Not a non stop trip this time. Looks like Miriam and Jewel are going to have a tough drive!!!! 8 hours...sheesh...I did that to get to the IRG and I'm in the same state!!!! and Gage did almost twice that...Doug :lol: :lol:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gage » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:13 am

doug hodder wrote:<snip>
and Gage did almost twice that...Doug :lol: :lol:
Yep and like that I didn't even leave the state. I bypassed our famous mid-state trangle going to the IRG but coming back I went right through the western edge and paid for it (That's another story else where on this board). :lol:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby catrinka » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:02 am

Mike, I was going to take a route similar to yours and then changed to do some siteseeing on the way down. Maybe we will cross paths somewhere on the way down.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Sun May 13, 2007 8:55 am

Since we both have a week+ off, we have changed our minds.
Here is how we are going to Minden.
Friday the 9th we are going to Forth Worth to the races. Night races Friday and Saturday nights.
Sunday we are driving to Colorado Springs. "Anybody know of a good place to camp?"
Monday we are driving up tp Mount Rushmore. "Anybody know of a good place to camp?"
Staying at Mount Rushmore to see the sights until Wednesday Morning.
Wednesday driving to Minden.

If any of you westerners want to meet up and caravan we will be in Sidney,NE on I80 Wednesday Morning or noon.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Next

Return to National/International