ITG weather and food

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

ITG weather and food

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:58 pm

Well, thought I'd check.... www.accuweather.com says weather for our ITG will be PLENTY OF SUNSHINE and about 90* each day !!! woohoo!!!!!
:picnic:

Anybody getting there early and can secure me a T shirt? I didn't get one preordered !!! :roll:

Food? hmmmm What shall I bring ??? Most likely I'll do some deviled eggs and side dish(es)

And I've got my door prize donation or two ready

NOW just to do last minute touches on the Jewel Box, she's not NEARLY done so don't expect a real gem , but I'll BE THERE!!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby pauld3 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Thank you for the weather info. I've been thinking about that but afraid to ask...I don't care what the weather is like, I'M GOING ON THIS VACATION!!! (btw this is Lynn writing). I am thinking about two dutch oven dishes for the pot luck...pineapple upside down cake and corn casserole. We don't have an ice cream maker and neither of our parents have one to borrow, so I was thinking I could bring chocolate syrup and root beer and promise to spend time cranking the old-fashioned ones so that I can earn my presence at the Ice Cream Social. I'm so excited about this our first ITG and I have told Paul that I do not care if we have to bring our tear drop camper on a flat bed trailer and throw a tarp over it inorder to be waterproof...WE ARE GOING! I think he understands that I'm excited about this trip! :applause: I cannot wait to meet all of you WONDERFUL people... Minden, here we come!!!!!!!!!!
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:08 pm

Julie...I'm going to be there early...I'll get you a t-shirt!

What size?
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:05 pm

glad I have A/C
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby s4son » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:24 pm

asianflava wrote:glad I have A/C

I hope my A/C works. It should be a good test. I'm using the poor man's Pet Cooler, 5000 BTU window shaker with a rubber hose. :lol:

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:48 pm

s4son wrote:
asianflava wrote:glad I have A/C

I hope my A/C works. It should be a good test. I'm using the poor man's Pet Cooler, 5000 BTU window shaker with a rubber hose. :lol:

Scott F.

Me too Scott.... changed mine from inside to the k.i.s.s.method... outside on a small table with a hose or????
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby pauld3 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:30 pm

We've got the pet cool too. Haven't plugged it in yet, but I'm sure it'll work just fine!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby Betsey » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:57 pm

pauld3 wrote:We don't have an ice cream maker and neither of our parents have one to borrow, so I was thinking I could bring chocolate syrup and root beer and promise to spend time cranking the old-fashioned ones so that I can earn my presence at the Ice Cream Social.

Lynn,

Don't worry if you don't have an ice cream maker. We are bringing my great-grandfather's 8 gallon handcrank one and it will make more than enough. We used it for the last ITG. Lots of people, especially the kids, came and took their turn cranking. We also had a couple of people who brought their ice cream makers and made their own recipes. Toppings are welcome and are a great addition! Most of all, just come join in the fun!

Betsey :)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby s4son » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:49 am

Betsey wrote:
pauld3 wrote:We don't have an ice cream maker and neither of our parents have one to borrow, so I was thinking I could bring chocolate syrup and root beer and promise to spend time cranking the old-fashioned ones so that I can earn my presence at the Ice Cream Social.

Lynn,

Don't worry if you don't have an ice cream maker. We are bringing my great-grandfather's 8 gallon handcrank one and it will make more than enough.
Betsey :)

8 GALLONS! That's what I'm talkin about! As an ice cream addict I will happily take a turn on that crank (poor pun intended). It's getting close and I can't concentrate at work. I should just leave now. :)

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:18 pm

Betsey, you have to watch that Scott dude closely. It's said that he cranks once and scoops twise, cranks again once and scoops twise etc, etc. :rofl:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Gage wrote:Betsey, you have to watch that Scott dude closely. It's said that he cranks once and scoops twise, cranks again once and scoops twise etc, etc. :rofl:

One for You - One for Me
One for You - Two for Me
One for You - Three for Me......
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby pauld3 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:36 pm

I have another question. (Lynn again) 8) I realize that we have a pot luck scheduled, but I was wondering how often people "graze" with other people during the other meals. The reason I ask is because when Paul and I cook, we always cook too much and I don't want to throw away leftovers. So If any body wants to come and help us eat, you are welcome to and If your cooking smells good, is it ok for me to come over with my fork and sample your culinary skills??? :D
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:40 pm

At Shasta I saw some who kept a fork in their pocket for just an occasion! :R

Joanie and Dean had a board where they put what was for dinner and people signed up and they had potlucks for almost every meal. It was fun (I was right next door!)
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby madjack » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:42 pm

pauld3 wrote:I have another question. (Lynn again) 8) I realize that we have a pot luck scheduled, but I was wondering how often people "graze" with other people during the other meals. The reason I ask is because when Paul and I cook, we always cook too much and I don't want to throw away leftovers. So If any body wants to come and help us eat, you are welcome to and If your cooking smells good, is it ok for me to come over with my fork and sample your culinary skills??? :D

...ask Gage, I have been told that he has a fork and knife permanently attached :D :lol: ;) .................. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby pauld3 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:56 pm

:lol: Excellent then. I'll plan for more than two at every meal (meaning Paul and me!) Boarding house rules as it were!!!

See ya'll soon!!! :D I CAN"T WAIT
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Next

Return to National/International