Who's back from the ITG?!?!?

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Postby Betsey » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:36 pm

Kevin A wrote:Sorry to hear about your transmission troubles, :(

Thanks Kevin!
Well things are looking up (always brighter in the morning). :)

Found a place that will rebuild the transmission and we can pick it up on Wednesday...so we'll drive the rental back to Des Moines and be back home Wednesday night...just in time to pack up the tears and leave on Thursday for the Minnesota Street Rod's "Back to he Fifties" at the state fair grounds in St. Paul.

Never a dull moment around here. :lol:

Betsey :)

PS - We missed you and Dean at the ITG2. We are now seriously thinking about making the trip to the IRG2 next summer.
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TLC » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:53 pm

I got home about 9 PM last night. Had a great time and met many nice people. I want to thank everyone who helped me with set up and pack up after my classic swan dive into the water outside the registration office. I will be seeing my Dr. tomorrow!!
Thanks to "the girls" for my hammock for two. I'll keep it in a special place along with my can of "you know what"
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Kankujoe » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:07 pm

We got home from Minden about 11:30pm. Took our time on the return trip. Stopped several times to explore, eat & SHOP.

We were pretty frazzled getting up to Minden so late (late start getting new tires) that we did not have much of a chance to participate. Didn't get registered until Saturday around 3:30pm. However we did enjoy seeing all the TDs & TTTs. And we met a few really nice people. Next time we hope to arrive a few days sooner so that we can participate & meet more TD folks. This was my wife's first exposure to TDs, she was intrigued & enjoyed herself. She also enjoyed Pioneer Village.
Joe

Ad-ven-ture: 1. an undertaking involving risk, unforeseeable danger, or unexpected excitement. 2. an exciting or remarkable experience. Trav-el-er: 1. one who seeks to experience their world. 2. one who seeks to be immersed in other cultures.
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveler

Postby Cary Winch » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:32 pm

We made it home right at 7:00pm Sunday night. Took a 1 1/2 detour at the SAC museum outside Omaha. Wow, was that cool.

My tranny didn't go bad but Craig and Betsey's failing might be my fault. I lost the tranny in my car and my truck this year. Whenever I have vehicle problems like this usually a couple of people around me have the same issues. So, Cary's curse strikes again.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby doug hodder » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:07 pm

Sorry I took off so early and didn't get a chance to say goodby to a lot of people, but had a long day ahead of me....Wyo weather reported that it was going to be "breezy" Well...it was 500 miles of 30-40+ mph cross/head winds...Sue and I did 900 miles yesterday and made it to Wendover about midnight...just got home and unloaded the cooler, the rest of the stuff can wait...probably till Mendocino...Lots of new people to meet and plenty to eat...fun to see a lot of new ideas and meet those of you that are on the forum...I had a great time!!! Thanks everyone for making it a fun trip!! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Betsey » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:42 pm

TLC wrote:I want to thank everyone who helped me with set up and pack up after my classic swan dive into the water outside the registration office.

Well Tom, I knew the water was deep enough for kayaking but I didn't see any signs that said diving was allowed. :lol:

I hope you recover without serious complications.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures you took, especially as I didn't take any. :)

Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Zyamfier » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:43 pm

Betsey wrote:
TLC wrote:I want to thank everyone who helped me with set up and pack up after my classic swan dive into the water outside the registration office.

Well Tom, I knew the water was deep enough for kayaking but I didn't see any signs that said diving was allowed. :lol:

I hope you recover without serious complications.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures you took, especially as I didn't take any. :)

You can see mine here http://www.flickr.com/photos/18238782@N ... 394811246/
Jim Petersen
"The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome."
Zyamfier
Teardrop Master

Postby tupelosue » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:11 pm

Well, i finally made it home too! thanks to doug who made me drive 900 miles yesterday :? :? I had an easy 600 today :shock: :shock:
for a door to door total minden to napa of 1524 miles!!!

my total trip (via the scenic route thru the pacific northwest) was 4,753 miles!!!

i had to phone in to work this am, umm, not gonna make it in today, umm, have car problems, yeah, that's right, car problems, like my car is in Nevada!!! not too good of cell signals out there west of wendover, so it looked kinda lame when my call was lost. oh, well...

sooooooo happy :D :D :D :D to be home, but i had a great time meeting everybody, seeing the different tears, maybe even got a little inspired to whip one out myself one day...
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby t-vicky » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:35 pm

Well, its about 9:00 on monday & we just got home about 2 hrs ago. Got a late start on Sunday because Latricia wanted to go back to Kearney to get a bigger dutch oven at Cabelas. (made 3 trips to Kearney over the weekend) Got over east to highway 81 & started south & the tear started rocking bad. Pulled over & looked at everything & couldnt find anything wrong. About 20 miles down the road it did it again. Still couldnt find anything. Figured the shocks were going bad. Had to slow to 30mph to keep it from rocking. Got to Concordia Ks. & the only thing open is Walmart. Figured I would buy a new set of shocks & put them on in the parking lot. Got out of the truck & looked under the tear to measure the shocks & one is draging the ground with the whole top mount broke off & the shock getting ground off. Guess what? Walmart dosent sell shocks! We spent the night in Concordia. Got up this morning, ate breakfast, went & found a parts store, bought new shocks & headed to where we left to tear. Oh, lets look at that antiuqe store. We have time. And there is a Quilting store. We got to the TD & just got it hooked up to the econoline & it started to POUR rain. Went to a closed station that had an overhang & got the shocks mounted, & found a garage 2 blocks away that could weld the mount. Anyway, we are home & the UGLYTRK econoline PU got a whole 12.9 mpg.
But it was a great weekend, we had lots of fun, & really enjoyed meeting everybody. Now to start working on all those ideas I picked up. Roger
The impossable just takes longer & cost more.
t-vicky
Teardrop Master

Postby robfisher » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:45 pm

We made it home about 7:00 Monday evening. Headwind most of the way. Sure had a great time at Minden. Thanks to all who made it happen. We hated to say goodbye to our friends but it's time to go back to work.

I would like to say something about the teardrop family. What a close knit group. My TD friends are just that...family. We laugh together, cry together, and share our hopes, fears, pain and joy. It's just amazing what I have received from you all. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart, everyone.

Rob
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:20 am

We made it to my brother's in Atlanta. Tomorrow we will check out the zoo (3 blocks away) and the aquarium. Noticed that the lights on the trailer weren't lit. Checked them out and found that one of the wires had broken. I think it was the one that got pinched by the coupler lock. We had the lights on the Right side but the ones on the Left were out.

One good thing we found, gas ia cheaper over here. My last 4 fillups were $2.74. 75 cents cheaper than the Utah trip.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Mary K » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:58 am

asianflava wrote:We made it to my brother's in Atlanta. Tomorrow we will check out the zoo (3 blocks away) and the aquarium. Noticed that the lights on the trailer weren't lit. Checked them out and found that one of the wires had broken. I think it was the one that got pinched by the coupler lock. We had the lights on the Right side but the ones on the Left were out.

One good thing we found, gas ia cheaper over here. My last 4 fillups were $2.74. 75 cents cheaper than the Utah trip.

Gas is alway cheaper in Ga... I don't know why...must be the taxes :thinking:

Ya coming to Florida??? We got some HOT Rainy Weather waiting for ya! :D

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:20 am

When my wife lived in Tallahassee, it wouldn't be abnormal to drive into GA to buy gas. Not only is gas cheaper in GA, it is more expensive than normal in Talahassee.

When I have to get gas there while driving thru, I have a certain gas station I go to. It is about a mile or two off the interstate but it's sometimes 15 cents cheaper than all the others. Plus I can stop by Sonny's BBQ while I'm there.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby dhazard » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Kevin A wrote:
Betsey wrote:Well, it's 3:15am and we are just getting home...about 5 hours later than planned...long story short - car lost its tranny in Des Moines and we had to leave it and the tear. Rented a car to get home...will have to get vehicles lined up to go back tomorrow (today) and get them or find a place there to repair it and pick them up later.

But in spite of all that, it was still a great time! Many thanks to everyone for great food, fun and friendship!

Let's go #3!

Betsey,
Sorry to hear about your transmission troubles, :(

Hey Doug,
Sorry dude, but I just gotta do it.... ;) 8) :lol:
It hadda be the Doug Zone.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What? Doug got another one. :shock: :? :lol: :cry:
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby mfkaplan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:23 pm

I got home tonight at 6PM PST. All in one piece too. On suday I only got asfar asSidney. I drove 12 hours each the last two days. Just parked in the drive. Will unpack in the morning. Have other posts I want to do but I'll do that tomorrow. My chair in the living room is calling for me to put my feet up.

Mary
Mom's Nest
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to National/International