Who's back from the ITG?!?!?

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Postby WarPony » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:43 pm

mfkaplan wrote: My chair in the living room is calling for me to put my feet up.

Ahhhhh, isn't it good to be home? Mary, it was nice to meet you. I'm glad you had a good trip.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:57 pm

mfkaplan wrote:I got home tonight at 6PM PST. All in one piece too. On suday I only got asfar asSidney. I drove 12 hours each the last two days. Just parked in the drive. Will unpack in the morning. Have other posts I want to do but I'll do that tomorrow. My chair in the living room is calling for me to put my feet up.

Mary
Mom's Nest

Happy to hear you made it safely Mary. It was great to meet you and see your travel quilt. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby George T. » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:17 am

Greetings from Florence, Colorado!

We left Minden on Monday morning and pulled in the driveway here in Florence Tuesday about 3:00 pm. No car or teardrop problems. Three vehicles, two sisters, my mother and grandson Ryan just wanting to stop and "look". No problem! I was on Teardrop Time and just plain beat!

We stopped in Oberlin, Kansas and had a pleasant visit with Ken Badsky who was unable to attend the gathering. The gang had a ball exploring Oberlin. Great people! We were walking down the covered sidewalk and I hear: "George! Hey George!" Here comes Carolyn fresh from the gathering. She spotted my teardrop and wanted to say "Hey!". Cool.

:applause: THANK YOU! to all that attended ITG2. It was phenomenal! What a special time. The weather gods relented and let us have an enjoyable visit. Just a plain grand time. Looking forward to "the next one". :thumbsup:

For all that attended and have photos to share, please drop me a personal message through the link at the bottom of this message and let me know where they are posted. I will provide links on the ITG website. If you have photos and do not have a way to post them on the web, please contact me and we will see if we can get them posted on the ITG site.

Off to repack the teardrop and head off to Buena Vista, Colorado this afternoon. My grandson Ryan missed his scout camp during the gathering and I made arrangements to have him attend another camp. Aren't teardrops great?! Off on another road trip with my campsite behind me....

Thanks again and HAPPY TEARDROPPING!!!!!
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby savano » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi all, I pulled into Prescott an hour ago. What fun we had! Wonderful food, Wonderful people. And I got to meet Auntie M!! I didn't have car or trailer problems, just outrageous gas prices. Daisy Trailer and Daisy Dog are both doing just fine.

During all of those miles home, I was building Number Two in my mind!

Sally
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WarPony » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:21 pm

Sally, good to see you made it alright and didn't have to use the extra hubs you've packed :lol: :lol: !! I got a kick out of that but I totally understand.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:29 pm

savano wrote:Hi all, I pulled into Prescott an hour ago. What fun we had! Wonderful food, Wonderful people. And I got to meet Auntie M!! I didn't have car or trailer problems, just outrageous gas prices. Daisy Trailer and Daisy Dog are both doing just fine.

During all of those miles home, I was building Number Two in my mind!

Sally

Happy to hear you got home safely. Seems to be a bunch of #2 building going on these days. :lol: The Daisy is beautiful. ;)
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby TLC » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Betsey wrote:Well Tom, I knew the water was deep enough for kayaking but I didn't see any signs that said diving was allowed. :lol:

I hope you recover without serious complications.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures you took, especially as I didn't take any. :)

Betsey :)

Betsey:
The verdict is in, I have a partially dislocated shoulder and possible ligamint tear. I'm having an MRI tomorrow to see the real extent of the damage. Always something. Sorry to hear you guys had car trouble. Another good reason to caravan!! See you this fall
"ole one arm Tom"
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:43 pm

:o Tom I sure hope you get well soon and without complications. It was nice to meet you at Minden.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Betsey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:35 am

TLC wrote:Betsey:
The verdict is in, I have a partially dislocated shoulder and possible ligamint tear. I'm having an MRI tomorrow to see the real extent of the damage. Always something. Sorry to hear you guys had car trouble. Another good reason to caravan!! See you this fall
"ole one arm Tom"

Tom,

Oh my gosh! Your first big gathering and we go and break you. I hope we haven't scared you off...Seriously, I am so sorry you were hurt and I hope recovery is speedy.

I think caravaning with us might also be dangerous to your health.

After driving 5 hours back to Des Moines today and returning the rental, we picked up our car with a rebuilt tranny. On the way home I lost my diamond from my engagement ring. One of the prongs broke and it slipped out...discovered it missing when we stopped to look at some wind turbines...traveled back 15 miles to the last 3 places we had stopped. Kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack. No luck but then when we were heading homeward again, we stopped at a wayside where I had helped Craig lift the hood on the car (it had been stuck). Low and behold, gleaming in the headlights of the car was my diamond! So, our 11 hour round trip ended up being 15 1/2 hours and we got home at 1:45am...

Later this morning, we are packing up the tears and leaving for St. Paul...let's hope the exciting stuff is over.

Oh, and today is Craig's birthday...what a way to celebrate!

Like I said, never a dull moment with us...I'd like to try dull... I think dull might be nice.

Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:15 am

Betsey wrote:
"ole one arm Tom"

Tom,

Oh my gosh! Your first big gathering and we go and break you. I hope we haven't scared you off...Seriously, I am so sorry you were hurt and I hope recovery is speedy.

After driving 5 hours back to Des Moines today and returning the rental, we picked up our car with a rebuilt tranny. On the way home I lost my diamond from my engagement ring. One of the prongs broke and it slipped out...discovered it missing when we stopped to look at some wind turbines...traveled back 15 miles to the last 3 places we had stopped. Kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack. No luck but then when we were heading homeward again, we stopped at a wayside where I had helped Craig lift the hood on the car (it had been stuck). Low and behold, gleaming in the headlights of the car was my diamond! So, our 11 hour round trip ended up being 15 1/2 hours and we got home at 1:45am...

Later this morning, we are packing up the tears and leaving for St. Paul...let's hope the exciting stuff is over.

Oh, and today is Craig's birthday...what a way to celebrate!

Like I said, never a dull moment with us...I'd like to try dull... I think dull might be nice.

Gosh Betsey I sure am glad you found the diamond... Please tell Craig Happy Birthday from us all.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby George T. » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:33 am

Geesh guys!

Happy birthday Craig! :P I hope that you have a dull, uneventful day...

Have a boring drive to the street rod show. I hope that all the folks at the show want to do is order teardrops...

What a week you guys have had! :?

Ryan and I are off to Scout camp in a few minutes. Looking forward to a little down time in the mountains! :campfire:

George
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby Cary Winch » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 am

Woops, I forgot it was Craig's birthday. I will have to go spread the word around the shop. It would hate for it to be missed around here.

Cary

:D
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby TLC » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Betsey wrote:
"ole one arm Tom"

Tom,

Wow, you guys know how to liven up a trip. Don't worry, it will take a lot more than this to make me park the TD. I wouldn't miss seeing the awesome trailers and meeting all those great people. I got lots of terrific ideas.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG (sorry, no TD cake for ya)
The only danger of caravanning would be the chance of getting hit by parts flying off your car!! LOL
Tom :D
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:19 pm

Well, I posted in the wrong place but we got home on monday evening. Had a great time! I got to put a face with so many names and I really enjoyed meeting everyone. I asked about you Auntie M and was told you weren't there and was I glad to see you at the dinner. I can't even tell you all the people I saw, but believe me I didn't meet anyone I didn't like.
(Will Rogers). Looking forward to meeting the rest of you in the future.

Betty

P.S. Happy Birthday Craig!
P.P.S. Tom, sorry to hear about your swan dive. Hope you will be feeling better real soon.
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Cary Winch » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:49 pm

Tom,

Ask Craig sometime about the spare tire on his minivan. That will really make you be leery of following him.

Cary

:o
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

PreviousNext

Return to National/International