del's November washington to florida adventure

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

del's November washington to florida adventure

Postby del » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:54 pm

In November if everything is well I will go south. I mapquested yakima (98901) to gibsonton fl. I have added stops in wells (nv) and auntie M's (mo). New states for me are Iowa and Nebraska, so I want to at least drive through part of them. Other than that I will go where invited if not too far off my path.
Keep in mind this in november, and at this point it is just pre planning.
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby raprap » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:54 am

I can offer a campspace in the Indiana, Kentucky, Illinoise tri-state area. Lots of historyand Illinoise rest stops are some of the best equipped in the country.

Even in November, if you've never seen them, the Great Smokey Mountains offer views that are equal to anything offered anywhere in the US. With a little urging I could be talked into a caravan.

Rap
Kentucky Pool Made a Fool out of me.
Instead of Tennessee River it looks like I'm headed to the deep blue sea.

JHartford
raprap
Teardrop Master

Postby Woody » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:04 pm

When are you planning on hitting Florida ?
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby del » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:22 pm

raprap wrote:I can offer a campspace in the Indiana, Kentucky, Illinoise tri-state area. Lots of historyand Illinoise rest stops are some of the best equipped in the country.

Even in November, if you've never seen them, the Great Smokey Mountains offer views that are equal to anything offered anywhere in the US. With a little urging I could be talked into a caravan.

Rap

With the addition of Indiana that would make 3 new states, sounds tempting. What highways, so I can find it on a map?

Woody wrote:When are you planning on hitting Florida ?

My second favorite holiday is thanksgiving, so I would like to spend it here with Family. I think I will leave here during the next week. Trying to arrive in Missouri the next weekend. So arriving in Florida about two weeks after thanksgiving. Gibsonton is close to Tampa.
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Woody » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:31 pm

I was just curious because we are having a gathering in November 8-11 I believe and thought If you were in the area.
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby del » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Woody wrote:I was just curious because we are having a gathering in November 8-11 I believe and thought If you were in the area.

That is a wee bit early for me, other than that would love to come. Thank you for the invite though.
del

ps if I can not make it to a destination you would like on the way there, I will return to Washington state in the early spring.do
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby raprap » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:45 pm

Del Wrote
With the addition of Indiana that would make 3 new states, sounds tempting. What highways, so I can find it on a map?

I-64 runs East West Across Illinoise, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia from St. Loius to Charleston WVa. Just as you cross into Indiana (Mile 25 or so) You'll come to US41 (Lord' I was born a Traveling Man). I find myself on the west side of Evansville (Indiana) not too far from the Ohio River this winter. I can offer space, a shower, and conversation if needed.

Rap
Kentucky Pool Made a Fool out of me.
Instead of Tennessee River it looks like I'm headed to the deep blue sea.

JHartford
raprap
Teardrop Master

Postby del » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:40 pm

raprap wrote:Del Wrote

I-64 runs East West Across Illinoise, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia from St. Loius to Charleston WVa. Just as you cross into Indiana (Mile 25 or so) You'll come to US41 (Lord' I was born a Traveling Man). I find myself on the west side of Evansville (Indiana) not too far from the Ohio River this winter. I can offer space, a shower, and conversation if needed.

Rap
I will check the map hopefully tonight. Auntie M what town is that camp ground near?
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby del » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:22 pm

raprap wrote:Del Wrote

Rap
Looks like if I get on I-44 it will take me to I-64. Sounds doable. What days are good or bad?
del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:02 pm

:lol: Boy are you going to take a zig zaggy way if you do that. There are lots of campgrounds on the KC to St Louis trip and we can make one fit if you don't want to come to Southern MO.

Branson is South of Springfield MO. and there are lots of campgrounds because it is lake country. Also has Sliver Dollar City but it is closed that late.

If your wanting to go to IL and And the E side of the Mississippi we can get Rayvillian to suggest one near his home. There are lots of folks in the KC area and even had a gathering up there. Only 3 hours for me. :thumbsup:

OH yeah, if you look at the bottom of the "Directions" on the Google map you can add stops along the way and it will plot it for you.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby del » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:29 pm

Miriam C. wrote::lol: Boy are you going to take a zig zaggy way if you do that. There are lots of campgrounds on the KC to St Louis trip and we can make one fit if you don't want to come to Southern MO.

Branson is South of Springfield MO. and there are lots of campgrounds because it is lake country. Also has Sliver Dollar City but it is closed that late.

If your wanting to go to IL and And the E side of the Mississippi we can get Rayvillian to suggest one near his home. There are lots of folks in the KC area and even had a gathering up there. Only 3 hours for me. :thumbsup:

OH yeah, if you look at the bottom of the "Directions" on the Google map you can add stops along the way and it will plot it for you.

Zig zag sounds like the story of my life. Let me know where you are willing to go, and what day works best. I think I will leave the week after thanksgiving (trying to leave here during the week and not that weekend), will determine the day by when I have be there.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Hey Del,
We are trying to get up a campout in Dec. Probably the first weekend of Dec. I think that will put you in our area. Check this out.

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 564#242564
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby del » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:09 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Hey Del,
We are trying to get up a campout in Dec. Probably the first weekend of Dec. I think that will put you in our area. Check this out.

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 564#242564

I did check it out and will plan accordingly so I will depart here so I can get there, on the day you iron out.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby del » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 am

There is less than a month to go, and I am seeing if y'all are still interested.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:36 pm

del wrote:There is less than a month to go, and I am seeing if y'all are still interested.

del

:thumbsup: Well yeah! :applause: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just gotta decide on a campground. Got two or threee serious contenders.

:twisted:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Next

Return to National/International