ITG 2008?

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

ITG 2008?

Postby flygal6 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:57 pm

Does anyone know if an ITG is being planned for 2008 and if so what are the dates? Any info greatly appreciated.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi, Carol!

So far, the ITGs have been every other year ... 2005, 2007 ... so the next one won't be 'til 2009. George Thornton is the organizer, and this is one of the first places he announces dates & location, so just keep an eye out here!

Meanwhile, check out some Gatherings that may be happening near you!

As always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Betsey » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Carol,

Craig and I will be at Shabbona this weekend. We have been a part of the ITG committee for both gatherings and plan on helping for the 2009 ITG. We would be happy to try to answer any questions you may have.

See you in a couple of days!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

IRG 2.0

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:29 am

:) Hi Carol,

The IRG (Inaugural REDWOOD Gathering) held in July of 2006, has grown up to become the IRG 2.0 (International Redwood Gathering), cuz there is only one "first time". Dean & I are planning on holding this event in the Redwoods of Northern California again with a target date of the last part of July 2008. We are not able to secure a firm date until after Jan. 1st, 2008 due to the Public Works Dept. method of assigning dates only from year to year (reservations must be made in person and this is only if you are able to camp out for days on the back porch of the DPW to get the choice summer dates). Check our website/or this forum after 01/01/08 to get the IRG dates. UPDATE: DATES ARE JULY 23 to JULY 28, 2008. ( January 14, 2008 )

We had a number of people who made some long hauls to join us and we had a good cross section of people from the TD community. Check out the link below to see what we did in 2006. When we set up the event, we decided to hold it every other year (evens) since it does take some work to do. We also did it this way so as not to conflict with the ITG (Minden) which was first held in 2005 and again in 2007.

Hope you'll consider attending this event,
Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny :R
Last edited by The Teardrop Nanny on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 am

Yes to the above, about the IRG in the Redwoods.... kinda like a mini-ITG of the Northwest, while in Louisiana the Louisiana Cypresswood Gathering is going to be like the ITG of the South... it's later this month near Shreveport. This year, we'll have visitors, nope make that teardrop pals from California and Colorado too.

Maybe the ITG is the biggie like the Kentucky Derby while LCG is the Belmont Stakes... the IRG is maybe the Preakness?

Sorry it's after midnight and I'm awfully tired,,...
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:04 am

oklahomajewel wrote:Maybe the ITG is the biggie like the Kentucky Derby while LCG is the Belmont Stakes... the IRG is maybe the Preakness?

Whoo Hoo, Are we the first ones to complete the "Triple Crown"?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Woody » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:49 am

Hey lets not forget the National Tearjerker Event (North meets the South) in August of 2008. Place TBA soon
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby flygal6 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks everyone for the great info. I had read bits and pieces here and there but getting to see info about all 3 (4) big events in one place was great. Now if I can just remember all the acronyms and odd/even thing. :lol: I'll keep watching that gathering section. I just got back last month from one of the Tin Can Tourists big events in Milford, MI and had over 70 Vintage trailers and TDs too. They tell me the spring event is twice as big. Was really fun gettting to see everyones setup and rigs. So looking forward to more gatherings. Too bad work always seems to get in the way of play time. :lol:
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby pauld3 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:49 pm

flygal6 wrote: Too bad work always seems to get in the way of play time. :lol:
Carol

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! :worship: :R :lol:

Lynn
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:48 am

flygal6 wrote:Too bad work always seems to get in the way of play time. :lol:
Carol

Work, what's that? :lol:

P.S. I wonder how many of the big gatherings I can make in a loop. Looks like it may be another trip to the other Coast again next year. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby EVAC A SHACK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:22 pm

Get it on. Will try to be there or have family there.
EDDIE AND LINDA SMELLEY
LUFKIN, TX
EVAC A SHACK
Teardrop Master

Return to National/International