SOUTH MEETS NORTH

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

SOUTH MEETS NORTH

Postby toypusher » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 am

Since this has NOT been posted here, I thought that it should.

“SOUTH MEETS NORTH” Tearjerkers 2008 rally!!!

Here it is.
What we all have been waiting for “SOUTH MEETS NORTH” Tearjerkers 2008 rally information!!!

When: August 7-10, 2008
Where: Ft Chiswell RV park
Max Meadows, VA.

Events:
Thursday everyone arrives welcome
Friday games & ice cream social
Saturday canoe trip, games, pot luck dinner & awards
Sunday so long until 2010

I want to come. What do I do now?

Read the registration form completely.

Complete the registration form.

A little bit different than last time. If you are going to be camping Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights or any of these nights, send your registration and ALL your monies to Ross Wade and do NOT call the campground. Ross and Carla are going to handle all registration fees, t-shirt sizes AND Campground Registration and campground FEES, as outlined on the registration form.

IF you are arriving any other day that is NOT on the registration form you MUST CALL the campground and set up those days only. IF you register and pay the campground direct for the Thursday – Saturday nights you will NOT be in the Tearjerker’s reserved block of sites.

If you are arriving early, ie Tuesday or Wednesday you must call the campground and resister and pay for those days only and make sure you write it on the registration form and we will guarantee you are in the same site from arrival to departure. If you do not write on your registration form that you are arriving early you may have to move.

We are trying to make it easier for you, us and the campground. We have blocked out the same section as before.

Starting 2010 this rally will become the East Coast National Tearjerker Rally.

Any and all other information can be found in the information link below ;

South meets North Information Site

We had a great time at the last one...We'll have a better time at this one :thumbsup:

Happy Trails

Len, Ross, Carla & Coop
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby swissarmygirl » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 am

So, Kerry....you gonna talk me into this one or what?
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 am

Nope, I think that you should try to go, but we are not going to be there this time. :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:51 am

Folks, this is another one to make...especially if ya live on the East side...last one was historical(speed bump) when the North(Todd) met South(Woody and Ellen)...I'm sure this will be just as "histerical" :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Ross Wade » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:05 am

This Tearjerker gathering is open to everyone. As we have always stated, You Do NOT Have To Be A Tearjerker Member To Attend One Of Our Chapter Gatherings. We enjoy meeting new friends and seeing great friends we have made in the past.

There is still plenty of room at the campgroundfor more. We will be posting an ITINERARY within the next week.

There are historical sites to see, winery close by, zoo, antique shops, as well as, a canoe / kayak trip planned for that Saturday.

Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Woody » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:51 am

madjack wrote:Folks, this is another one to make...especially if ya live on the East side...last one was historical(speed bump) when the North(Todd) met South(Woody and Ellen)...I'm sure this will be just as "histerical" :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)

YES IT WILL BE, Ifin' I have anything to do with it LMAO History in the making, Just remember those who do not learn from the past, are destin to be hungover,ERR, I mean repeat it again. SEE YA THERE :twisted:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:21 am

2008 Tearjerkers
South meets North

August 7-10 Max Meadows, Va.
Ft. Chiswell RV Campground

Itinerary and VERY IMPORTANT information for the weekend There will be a copy of the Itenerary in your Check-In bag, so no need to copy it.

Thursday:
All Day!! Stop at the Southern Appalachian Tearjerker camp site #4 to get your check in bag. Look for the Southern Appalachian Tearjerker banner on the right side of the main drive into the campground. This bag will have your PAID site # information, T-shirts, registration #, itinerary, voting ballots, etc........You must have this bag before you can Check-in at the campground office. After you check-in at the office you can find your site, set up camp and have some fun.

FRIDAY:
5:00 pm Come mix and mingle with everyone at the pavilion. Bring your wine glass and your favorite unopened bottle of wine to share. It is going to be wine tasting party. Cheese and crackers will be provided. The door-prizes will be given, so don’t forget to bring your door-prize ticket that is in your check-in bag.
6:00 pm is picture time. Everyone gather at the pavilion for the group photo.

SATURDAY:
9:00 am Canoe / Kayak Trip meet at the pavilion.
Expected River Trip: New River, Foster Falls to Rt 100 bridge, Distance: 7 river miles.
Date: Saturday, Aug 9th.
Meeting Location: Meet at the pavilion @ 9 am sharp, ready to paddle! I would like to be out of the campground by 9:20, if possible.
Expected Time back at Campground: 4 pm, possibly earlier.

What do you need to bring?
1. Watercraft (canoe, kayak, raft from Wally World, whatever) & paddles of some kind. NOTE: If you want to rent a canoe, let me know and I will ask Blue Cat on the New to help us out. However, I will need some notice on that, so let me know by Tuesday, Aug 5th.
2. Life jackets / personal floatation devices - I don't do river trips without PFD's . Helmets are strongly encouraged, if you are in a kayak. Yes, we will be on a river and a fairly shallow one at times.
3. Lunch / food of some kind. Yes, we will find a place to stop here and there or there and here or maybe just here.
4. Water to drink.
5. River shoes. Some kind of old sneakers are recommended as broken glass is commonly found in/on the river. The water is low and not likely to come up much unless we get a hurricane. I really don't want to be making a trip to the emergency room with someone.
6. Well, I think I've figured out all the important stuff.

I am asking you to leave the alcohol in your TD - not in your water bottle. It'll make the trip more fun for us all. There will be plenty of opportunity to relax at the campground when we get back.

If you are interested, please post a message, PM one to me, or email me at andrea <at> clearcreekwaterworks <dot> com.

NOTE: If you are coming to Ft. Chiswell and you would like to go on the river, but do not have a watercraft, let me know. Also if you are coming with a canoe/K-2 and you have an opening for a bow/stern paddler, let me know. I am willing to be an intermediary. Keep in mind, the sooner that you let me know, the higher on the priority list you go.

Are canoes available to be rented? Yes. Blue Cat on the New
Costs: $50 per day per canoe (includes shuttle) - However, it may be less! If multiple canoes are needed plus shuttles for private boats, then price is somewhat negotiable. Please contact me (andrea <at> clearcreekwaterworks <dot> com) if you are wanting to rent a canoe for Saturday. Let me know so that the rentals can all be coordinated / negotiated along with the shuttle for the best advantage of all.
How soon do we need to know? Canoes may be available on Saturday AM when we get there. However, they may not be. We'd like to reserve the boats on Wednesday, so that means we need to have a firm commitment by Tuesday, Aug 5th.

NOTE: If we have people needing to rent canoes / kayaks, we will probably simply hire the outfitter to run shuttle for everyone. It is unknown what the cost will be, however I expect it to be around $10 per person - hopefully less.

Andrea.

Saturday continues:

BY 4:00 pm Voting Ballots due for the Awards on Saturday. The Voting Ballots are in your check-in bag. This will be for various categories and you will have up until 4 o'clock Saturday afternoon to vote on the best of each category. All Voting Ballots must be in the ballot box by 4:00 pm, located at the Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Site #4.

5:00 pm Dutch Oven Cook-Off. See application form in your check-in bag for details.

6:00 pm The Saturday Night Pot Luck Dinner and Awards. Bring a dish, enough for your family and 2 (two) other people. This may not sound like a lot of food to bring to a pot-luck for about 90 plus people, but let me assure you that it is. You don't want to have to throw anything away.

SUNDAY:
So long, farewell, see in 2010!!!!
Drive careful.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby MooseFamily » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:33 am

Some of us won't be arriving until Friday night...
Perhaps we can do a second "Group shot" Saturday at Sunrise?

Also, I and my wife are interested in renting a canoe... or 2 kayaks..
How much are kayak rentals anyway?

-Jerry
MooseFamily
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Jerry,
Contact Andrea on that matter. She is heading up the River Trip.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby RICHARD FURROW » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:20 pm

This event is about the closest event to us. We are still Teardrop Wannabes. Do you guys mind the the public, such as ourselves, dropping in and visiting, or should we not come. I can understand this is something that has been set up for yourselves and may not really want people like us looking around. If don't mind us comeing by, do you miind picture taking, conversation, etc. I realize we should not be a bother while you have activities going on. We have not seen a homebuilt Teardrop in person. Just thought I'd ask.

Ricky
RICHARD FURROW
Teardrop Master

Postby goldcoop » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Ricky-

You are MOST certainly welcome to come & take a look!

There will be vintage restored, new commercial and homebuilt to look at! :thumbsup:

See ya there!

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Postby Tear Fan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:49 am

Pictures are posted on the flickr.com site in my signature line. :snappy:

Tear Fan
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby Woody » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 am

We made it back from the gathering and the lasting memories and friendships will last a lifetime. Of course some memories will stand out more than others. I will let the photo's kinda speak for themselves. On a litghter note The South did in fact pull it off again :lol: :twisted: Sorry Yanks. In the imortal words of Ross "OOOhhh nooooo heeee didn't". Well what can we say :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:34 am

Looks like a good time!
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:57 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Thanks for the pictures. Looks like we missed a good one. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Next

Return to National/International