ITG3?

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Postby GrundgeDog » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Dennis and Faye,

I will try to get the info right from memory, I will let you know if this is not right. I believe the car show starts at 1:00 and goes until 4:00. You can't miss the location, if you drive thru town on Hiway 6&34 you'll see it. It definitely isn't NEARLY 11,000 :o cars like the Minnesota show, but they usually have quite a few (about 150) and it's fun for a small town car show. If you register your car for the show, you get tickets for the street dance that takes place that evening.

I will be heading to Holdrege early Saturday because my wife is taking part in the parade in town that morning.

Let me know if you need more info, I work with a member of the car club that puts this on, but can't get him on the phone today !
Later,
Kevin
Last edited by GrundgeDog on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You say JB Weld like it is a BAD thing!
GrundgeDog
Teardrop Inspector

last minute signup

Postby mki » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:30 am

Hello George and all,
Thanks for putting out the info out there and on the ITG web. Very helpful.
:thumbsup:

I've finally convinced my husband to come join us (me and 3 kids) to Minden at the last minute and am pretty excited :)

Shall I still give you a call or is this message on the board sufficient?

I have no idea what to expect so will simply be there to soak up whatever is happening. Looking forward to meeting some (many) of you all soon :cheerswine:

mki
mki
Teardrop Inspector

Postby George T. » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:11 am

Greetings from Colorado!

Great that your husband will be joining you! You don't have to do anything until you arrive in Minden. Once at Pioneer Village, come over to room #119 and register for ITG3. If no-one is around, check across the street at the silver trailer under the tree, I will most likely be somewhere close by.

Looking forward to seeing you!

This will probably be my last post for a while as I leave for Minden in a couple of hours...

See you all there!

If you haven't made up your mind there is still time. Just throw everything in the vehicle/trailer and "Come on down! We would love to see you!"

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby Cynda & Steve » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:36 pm

GrundgeDog wrote:So is anybody else scrambling to finish their teardrop before ITG3?!?!

I am almost done, but still need to get the door on, the trim done, figure out a sink, install a/c, etc...

I better get back to work !!!! ;) ;)

Surely you are joking. Do they ever really get finished?? We were hoping to get paint on, but every weekend we went to work on it, it rained so....STILL NO PAINT. So, "Little Campie", the monkey camper is just coming as he his....naked.
:cry:
If you don't get it done, just come as you are and have some fun!!
Cynda & Steve
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:10 am

asianflava wrote:I'm thinking about it. We still have a bunch of chores to do so we'll play it by ear. We're thinking about just a quick trip so that we won't have to take any days off.

Rocky...if you do go...please demonstrate using a can of OFF as a flame thrower and say Hi to "pipe guy" for me. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby WarPony » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Well, the 3rd ITG is in the books!!!!! We had a great time, as usual, seeing old friends and making quite a few new ones, too. The food was grand, the weather was pretty OK (has some drizzle which turned to rain later in the evening) and I FINALLY had a camper that wasn't half done for the event.

Thank you George and to all the supporting cast for putting together this event. Hope everyone had as good a time as we did.

Jeff and Anna
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

ITG

Postby sHoootR » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Got home about 12:30, had a really nice time.......Thanks George and all who helped for a Great get together....... :applause:

Here's a link to pix........
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12466356@N ... 7669/show/
Last edited by sHoootR on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby Aaron Coffee » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Made it home about 5:00pm. Now I just have to unpack, ugh!
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TENNJIM » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Made it home about 7:00 pm on Sunday. I had a wonderful time at ITG3, and a big thank you goes to George and others who put the event together.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Welcome back from ITG!

Postby mki » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm sad I had to miss it - still recovering from a complete loss of voice and bad throat/coughing... but will sure appreciate the photos anyone can share!
Looking forward to the next chance:)
mki
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Catoosa Grani » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Gene & I made it home about 8:00. Had a great time and really enjoyed seeing everyone. We loved meeting new friends and intend to keep in touch with them as well. Finally got to meet Del and see the Jelly Belly and visit with him. I could name a lot of people but I won't take up the space. I was a little surprised that South Central wasn't represented better. I know there were a lot of good reasons why you couldn't be there and I want you to know we missed you all. Despite the heat and drizzle we had a good time.
George and his crew did a great job again this year. Thanks to all of you, we appreciate all the work you do to set this up for us. To everyone there, the food was great.

Thanks to all who were there!
Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Kevin & Sandy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Got home around 1:30 Sunday, I left Minden at 1:00, so living 30 miles away has advantages!!

This was our first teardrop event and we had a ton of fun visiting with everyone. Everyone was so very friendly, it seems we could walk up to anybody there and strike up a conversation!!

Here are some local articles about ITG3, check them out, they may have quoted you!

http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?s=6888717

http://www.kearneyhub.com/site/news.cfm ... 7571&rfi=6

We really enjoyed making new friends and hope we can meet again!

Thanks, George, for all the work you have done to make this happen, and if you need help with some local work on the next one and already have Bill worn out, send me a line!

Kevin & Sandy
Kevin & Sandy
The 300 Club

Postby 48Rob » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Many thanks to George, and his family for doing such a great job!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

While looking through the "Auction" items, I couldn't help but notice that Grant & Lisa had donated a large number of items.
Betsey also, had quite a few things on the tables.

Though they were not able to attend, their efforts and expenditures certainly warrant a big thank you from those who were on the receiving end...

Thank you!

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Betsey » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Rob,

You are very welcome! We are more than happy to help support teardropping in any way we can and it is also a way we can say "Thank You" to the teardrop community.

The teardrop community has been very good to us and has changed our lives in so many ways. We have found a very fun, kind, generous and welcoming group of people who love to camp and camping together. Our circle of friends has grown so much and continues to grow. Had it not been for teardrops and gatherings like the ITG, we would not have met some of our dearest friends. The enthusiasm and talent that abounds among teardroppers is refreshing and amazing. We never dreamed that when we built our first teardrop for our family that our lives would be so enriched.

We wish we had been able to attend ITG3 but it wasn't in the cards this time. (Well, we actually DID attend, we just missed most of it, arriving Tuesday evening, leaving Wednesday morning and returning Sunday afternoon. :lol: )

We were really looking forward to meeting you, Rob, and seeing your work of art firsthand. :thumbsup: Maybe sometime later this summer.

Thanks again!

Betsey 8) & Craig :designing: & the Camp-Inn gang :D
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:46 am

What Betsey said ... 8) ...!

'Cept this part:
Betsey wrote:(Well, we actually DID attend, we just missed most of it, arriving Tuesday evening, leaving Wednesday morning and returning Sunday afternoon. :lol: )

Couldn't have said it better myself! Damn, but she's good, isn't she ... :thumbsup: ... faster 'n me, too ... :D ...!

But seriously, we were happy & honored to do our part, even if we couldn't be there this time (again)!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

PreviousNext

Return to National/International