Could this be the end of Teardrops and home builds ???

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Re: Could this be the end of Teardrops and home builds ???

Postby philh24 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am

Well we have covered just over a thousand miles now with our sleeper and all seems to be going well. Been over some pretty rough terrain to up in Scotland no signs of any stress or welds breaking. I will say one thing that's really annoying about the sleeper though and that is that the jockey wheel seems to wind itself down as you go along. I don't no if this could have been a contributor to yours welds breaking but it certainly wouldn't help. We had to tie our jockey wheel up as 3 times on different days we found it had wound down and was rolling along the road. I just tie the handle up now to stop it happening , I dread to think what would have happened had we hit a speed bump or bump in the road ?
philh24
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Could this be the end of Teardrops and home builds ???

Postby Spardo » Wed May 07, 2014 7:49 am

Finally, after around a year of battling and refusing no less than 4 inferior offers and ignoring threatened legal action over things that I had said on the internet, the company has finally today paid into my bank account the full amount claimed by me for all the costs involved in storing, recovering and rebuilding my Teardrop caravan.

How have you got on with yours Phil? I wonder if the lessons learned over my accident were incorporated into your chassis and if they were successful.
Salut, David

Follow my travels with dogs at:
http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com
Spardo
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to National/International