Stiff Upper Lip 2

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Stiff Upper Lip 2

Postby jackdaw » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm

We 've had a cracking time at this years first TD gathering on this side of the pond.
Our numbers were up slightly on last years do, even though a couple of blokes had pulled out at the last minute.
It was great to see some new faces along with some more familiar ones.

We had Andrew call in for a tour on Sunday 8) 8) .We were so busy chatting and touring..... I missed the opportunity to get a photo of both Andrew and Dan with the Roswell :x
Time flew by and it was all over far to quickly.
I feel very privilaged to see the Roswell in the flesh..... Thats one sweet trailer, and the space inside gets the imagination going 8) 8)
Here's a slideshow of this years do.

cheers, Dave
jackdaw
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon May 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Very nice photo essay! :thumbsup:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Mon May 31, 2010 6:52 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Wow so many wonderful tears in the same spot! Great pictures! Thanks so much. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Vindi_andy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 am

Was great to meet you all.

Agreed the Roswell was, if you'll pardon the pun, out of this world. It really is something else and a true work of art, i think even the bodywork man who made all the bodywork for his kitcar might even take his hat off to dan.

The good news is that following the meet greet and tour is the other half is really into them and wants to start building one as soon as possible. The bad news is we cant until we check whether we can get a towbar fitted to "Tango" (see profile pic).

We have sat and had a chat as to what we need out of "our" teardrop thrown ideas back and forth and I think a Grumman 2 like jackdaws with a simplified kitchen and a cutout foothole for me (being 6'4 i need a looooong space). We are watching several caravans locally on ebay to canibalise as soon as we are sure Tango can have a towbar.

Love the idea of doing like Jackdaw did and building the body inside the van then "birthing" it to breakdown the caravan modify the chassis and fit the body. Atl least that way the ply is kept dry until its waterproof.

Fingers crossed regarding Towbar situation

And sorry for the slight Hijack Jackdaw
Boys never grow in to men the toys just get more expensive and more dangerous

How true :)
Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Return to National/International